• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Fuel

Andy 1974

Had this game since thursday,if i'm honest i'm enjoying the free roam mode more than i'm enjoying the career mode.Finding the AI abit annoying and at times feel like throwing my controller out the window,but something keeps bringing me back,anybody else have opinions,hints or tips.Incase you have not read the Fuel preview thread i posted 6 codes for the game.Warrior Buggy 18041851,2 paint codes - 17121973,18021974 and 3 clothing codes - Helmet 48992519,Jacket 20061977,Shorts 91031985.And DayMouse i'll hopefully be on Fuel tonight if your up for it.

Andy 1974

One of the things i like so far is the size of the levels,there seems to be 19 different locations to open up,with achievements for driving from certain camps to others.IMO its not the greatest game but it does have something that keeps drawing you back.I find its a mix between Motorstorm/Pure.

daymouse

Distinguished Member
My little tip for getting round the map a bit quicker

Okie just started having a go at free roam getting the vista points etc. I was looking round the map and worked out if you want to go to say a vista point and there wasnt a heli pad nearby you simply find the nearest career race or challenge (if theres one closer!)

Move the cursor onto it to tell you the name of it.

Then go into the menu find the career race or challange you highlighted and start the race.

Now as soon as you start racing press start and select go back to freeroam. It will then dump you at the point you paused the game I.E. at the start of that race and alot closer to the point you wanted to get too!

raziel33

Been on this for the last couple of hours and I must say it's great:smashin:

Been reading poor reviews for it all day and was debating if I should pick it up, but I am glad I did.

Reminds me alot of Motorstorm but with a huge open world to play around in.

Have only done a few challenges, a race, and found a vista point, but enjoyed the time I spent on it.

Just couldn't get on with Burnout Paradise, but seem to be enjoying this far more from my first play.

Andy 1974

Just tried the Sand to Stone achievement,2 hours and 10 mins and no achievement :(.And Yes i have unlocked both camps,time to sleep i think :boring:.

manowar68

I got this yesterday and its a very good game:smashin: i don't know why it got bad reviews:confused: had a couple of games online last night and it plays well and its a laugh,so imo i'll give it 8/10

reddevil63

Distinguished Member
Got my copy this morning and like the looks of this!

By all means add me to your friends list if you want.:thumbsup:

@daymouse & bitterestbills, have added you guys. Andy1974, whats your GT?

Last edited:

Andy 1974

Once i had unlocked the Redrocks Bluff camp I just drove straight between the gap on the U shape glass walk way that hangs over the grand canyon,and got the Newton was right,after all! and Rocket science achievements together.The walkway can be found right next to the camp.

Gordon B

Oh dear.

Had quite high hopes for this and have to say I'm thoroughly disappointed.

Its jerky, the graphics aren't great, not sure what the stuff flying around the screen is, I presume its meant to simulate flying dirt but it just doesn't work. The minimap is virtually unreadable at speed, the whole thing just doesn't feel finished. Handling is poor, no incar view, I could go on but you get my drift...

Oh, and don't get me started on how many times I saw the word 'generating....'

Two things Codies -

1. Ship Asbo, or whatever the developer is called off to Criterion to see how an open ended online racer should be done and

2. Don't even let them in the same building as the Dirt 2 team.

All IMHO of course, other peeps here seem to be quite enjoying it:smashin:

Andy 1974

I was starting to dislike this game due to the career mode and the issue's i'm having with the AI and Handling,so now i'm playing the free ride mode and hunting down all the challenges/vista points/liveries and doppler trucks and now i'm really enjoying it.Yes this game IMO has alot of flaws but as i'm a keen racer I can overlook these and find that Fuel is actually quite enjoyable.Plus on a side note I wish the vehicles had horns!!

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
I was gonna get this today but on reflection I am gonna wait til it hits the bargain bins

mattr

I've got to say I found it dissapointing. After 2 minutes I was going "is this it ?". It didn't wow me much. So I gave up after 2 hours and traded it in today. I'll play resident evil again instead.

Lateralus

i too am one of the people on the gutted boat. its just not fun. =/

goes off to play red faction....

daveaka

I'm not that impressed with Fuel so far, only played for a couple of hours though. It's just a bit boring, too many trees, loading screens, bad vehicle handling and mediocre graphics. I'll give it another go tonight and if we don't get on it's going the journey..

reddevil63

Distinguished Member
Still liking this after nearly a week of play.

Some good long races but just going round collecting liveries and vista points with races inbetween.

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
Received this as a gift this morning, but only had an hour on it as COD5 map pack 2 has pulled me away. Seemed pretty good so far though:thumbsup:

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
Had a bit more time on this this evening and TBH its just 'ok'. One of the worst things about it is the driving mechanics just don't work right, which is a bit of a problem in a driving game :rotfl:

Oh and the graphics are really poor, worst I have seen on a 360 game in ages. :thumbsdow

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom