fudge Buttons

Stockholm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been listening to their brilliant album Tarot Sport for a couple of months now and it is epic. It was produced by Andrew Weatherall and it is easily one of the best albums I've bought in years.

Is anybody else a fan? I'm on the lookout for similar music by other artists. Can anyone recommend music that is similar to Tarot Sport. I'd love to see them live, too. Hopefully they'll come to Glasgow soon.

Here is an example of their music from Tarot Sport. This is a shortened version of the best song on the album - Surf Solar.

YouTube - fudge BUTTONS - SURF SOLAR

Space Mountain

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

The Lisbon Maru is another brilliant song from the album.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Thanks for the reply, Curly99. I'll have a listen to the other groups you've listed. Just found out that they are making an appearance in Glasgow this month at the Arches. Hopefully I'll be able to go to it. I think they will be absolutely amazing live.

Cheers

:thumbsup: Love these guys, I started listening to Fever Ray Radio on LastFM & caught them there. They've done a remix for Fever Ray. Good stuff & great name.

It's gone a bit off topic but while we're talking Ministry and Front 242 what about Test Dept.

YouTube - New World Order

Certainly seemed ahead of the game with this one...

Saw Ministry back in the 90's, excellent live.

Will also give F*** Buttons a go especially if Andy Weatherall has had anything to do with it. Loved the stuff he produced/mixed in the 90's and alot of his own material later.

Thanks for the replies. I've had a listen to the other music linked to in this thread but I guess I'm looking for something that is very similar to F Buttons, i.e. I'm looking for electronica that has layering like FB and is deep and evocative.

One thing that has confused me about FB is how I've seen it classified in two shops. In both music shops that I've been in recently I've searched for FB in the electronica section but have had to ask the staff to direct me to the section they keep the album in, and on both occasions the album has been in the Rock section. Why? Isn't Tarot Sport mainly electronic music?

indeed Holy F as they say on BBC 6 music, I have the album "LP" and very good it is too..they have a new album "Latin" being released on the 17th May :) another on my pre-order list.

try listening to, Four Tet, Boards of Canada

For some reason I didn't perform a search on BoC after you suggested it. But a few days ago I was on another website and noticed someone had Kaini Industries as their signature. Intrigued I searched Google thinking it was the name of a corporation in a Sci-fi film that I'd seen. That search led me to this...

YouTube - Boards of Canada - Kaini Industries

I immediately fell in love with it and then remembered that I'd seen the name Boards of Canada elsewhere recently. I figured it might have been here. So thanks for recommending them, Curly99.

I've now found about a dozen BoC songs that I keep listening to, so I'll need to go out and buy some of their albums soon.

Which is regarded as their best?

YouTube - Boards of Canada - Dayvan Cowboy (High Quality)

That song, dayvan cowboy, was recently used on a BBC documentary about the geological power of our planet with Prof. Iain Stewart. I thought I'd heard it before.

Also love this one, although the video is quite unnerving!

YouTube - Boards of Canada - Everything You Do is a Balloon

The three Boards of Canada albums I have are:

Music has the right to children
geogaddi
The Campfire Headphase

all three albums are good, but if I had to pick one I would go for Music has the right to children purely for the fact it was the first I heard and bought, I don't think you would be disappointed with any of the above.

Last edited:
BoC are amazing, I have almost everything they've done although tracking down the rare stuff is almost impossible Catalog 3 and Hooper Bay being the 2 main "rarities", I'm yet to find a genuine copy of either :(

I have some of their stuff when they were Hell Interface but their best works are definitely the likes of Geogaddi, Music has the right..., Campfire Headphase, Twoism, Peel Sessions, Play by Numbers... well... I could list everything :rotfl:

No mention of Plaid yet so I'll just leave this here:
YouTube - Plaid - Eyen

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom