1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ftping into an xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by watchinthewheel, Mar 23, 2005.

1. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    iv just got a modded xbox and am deperatly trying to get it to talk to my pc, mostly so i can put mp3s onto it (ripping again would take ages!) but i just cant get it to do it. i followed 9url=http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/network.php]this[/url] tutorial to the letter but didnt get anything, just anm error from flashxp saying

[R] Connecting to x-box -> IP=192.168.0.3 PORT=21
    [R] Connection failed (No route to Host

has anyone had experience of this issue? anyone got any ideas how i can get round it? any help would be great, thanks in advance.

2. adamswifty

adamswifty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi watchinthewheel,

No route to host usually means the pc (one you are running Flashfxp on) is on a different network to the xbox, you state the address of the xbox is 192.168.0.3 , is your pc on the same network?, If its an XP machine click start followed by run, type CMD in the open box and then click ok, you will open a black dos type screen, type ipconfig and press enter this will give you your machines ip settings, make sure its on the same network as the xbox i.e. 192.168.0.x. . Which chip did you put in the xbox?

Adamswifty