FTP issue with Humax Foxsat - won't seem to accept default credentials

JeebusWept

Standard Member
Reaction score
Looooong time lurker on AVForums here - usually, I would just google the answer, but since this is all quite new, I've had to actually register up!

So, I installed the custom firmware and the packages from the latest media bundle -

I get the following dialogue in Filezilla when I try to FTP in -

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220 "Foxsat-HDR FTP server"
Command: USER HumaxFTP
Response: 331 Please specify the password.
Command: PASS ****
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

I'm using the default HumaxFTP/0000 credentials.

Port 21 is definitely open on the box.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks chaps!

Two suggestions:
1. Try USER: root and a blank password.
2. How did you specify the HDR - if by name try the IP address (You could be having a name resolution problem and be talking to another ftp server).

Thanks for getting back to me - using "root" worked a treat, I can now see everything. Solved that one!

Now I have another issue with XBMC, it finds the foxsat under UPNP streams, I can see the music, pictures and video folders, but when I go into video it doesn't see any files?

Last edited:
Thanks for getting back to me - using "root" worked a treat, I can now see everything. Solved that one!

Now I have another issue with XBMC, it finds the foxsat under UPNP streams, I can see the music, pictures and video folders, but when I go into video it doesn't see any files?

There is a later version of the software available from raydon http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1426796-media-file-server-bundle-foxsat-hdr-update.html - you were using mogie's version which has a different settings and uses different ftp ID's.

I would suggest that you delete the opt folder and reinstall.
The default twonky scan time is 0 on the version you have and 60 mins in the latest. This setting and others can be changed by going to
http://FOXSAT-HDR:9000

Thanks RAPASSAC and GaseousClay, I followed your advice and removed previous software versions and reinstalled tinyftp and twonky. FTP now works with HumaxFTP/0000 credentials.

I set twonky to scan every minute.

Still can't get XBMC working, although now under ROOTVIDEO in XBMC it's got two folders that weren't there before, ALLVIDEO and FOLDER (contains a subfolder ALLNAME), but I can't see any files?

It's not easy at the bleeding edge of Humax!

.... it's got two folders that weren't there before, ALLVIDEO and FOLDER (contains a subfolder ALLNAME), but I can't see any files?

When you first open XBMC make sure you select the right menu option i.e video. if you inadvertently selected photos or music it won't see the relevant files

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom