1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fs76 Say It Isn't Sooooooooooo

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by astonbilla, Dec 29, 2002.

1. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Folks,

like a bad rash, i'm back. I was quite happy with my latest Sony (the fs76), until i noticed something quite annoying. Around the area where the trinitron lines exist, 2 shadows exist left to rige and about 2 inches thick.

You can only see these if the image on screen pans up or down. If anyone had tiger woods on the ps2 or anything similar, then they should be able to see it.

Could everyone check for me to see if their sets have this problem. My worry is that i got this set way back at the begining of November so unbeatable may not replace the set for me.

ANy help would be great guys

ta

Bill

2. the plumber

the plumber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can you be more specific about the position of the shadows

3. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    they are exactly where the trinitron lines appear. So about 5 inches from the top of the screen running left to right and about 7 inches from the bottom of the screen running left to right.

So two lines across the screen.

Hope this helps

4. mh66639

mh66639
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I can't say I've noticed such issues. Let me know any other ways to reproduce and I can take a look too.

Matt.

5. the plumber

the plumber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what are the trinitron lines ???????????????????????????

6. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    the fine black lines that can be seen on Sony Trinitron TVs and Monitors

7. the plumber

the plumber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive had 3 sony tvs and have never noticed these lines before i recently returned a toshiba 36zt29b because of dark patches on the left and right side of the screen is this a similar problem ???

8. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    No, all flat trinitron screens have them - its a neccessary evil.

Im amazed you haven't noticed them, i know many people who returned their TVs / Monitors thinking this was a fault.

The dark sides on a tosh are more like the dirty screen effect found on most large screens these days. My Sony also suffers from this effect.

9. the plumber

the plumber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive spent the last couple of days visiting friends and secretly checking out there sony tvs :eek:) and after viewing very carefully 6 different sony widescreen tvs i still havent managed to spot these
    trinitron lines and normally i can spot a fault miles away .
    Im intrigued about these lines as i have owned a few sony tvs and never seen these before.

10. alim

alim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The lines are not a fault. They are part of the trinitron design. You can see them more easily on Trinitron monitors. I've not noticed them on my tv.

11. Dave20

Dave20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have just recieved my FS76 from techtronics. couple of queries for those who already have the set.

first prob was a magnet type discolour in the top right.. only noticable on white screens like in ice age but seems to have died down.

second prob is on toy story1/2 i noticed when i brought up the THX menu's the actual menu itself was about 1inch over to the left, and when i played the dvd's on a friends 33inch toshiba the THX menu was seated in the middle perfectly.

third prob is again noticable on the THX menu's. the parrelel lines that make up the "menu box" are distorted, but again fine on the Toshiba.

my speakers are Definative bp2004's which have the subs in, could this be a cause? even though the speakers are about 4ft from the TV