1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fs76 please help

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bugman, Jan 24, 2003.

1. bugman

bugman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    i am on my 3rd fs76 but have also owned fs70,the fs70 was replaced with fs76 because sony discontiued the fs70.my 3rd fs76 was delivered today 24th jan and it is showing same traits as the previous ones ie/bad geometry,flyback lines which are annoying,it was supposed to be checked before they sent it to me.
    spoke to sony who said the flyback lines which they refer to as tie lines are a trait of this model.
    i think a premium brand,premium model and premium priced tv should not be exibiting these sort of problems.
    when bringing up a sky digital menu or information banner the verticals on both sides of the banner are for want of a better description snaked (wavey) instead of straight and the text inside them is distorted.Can this and the flyback lines be eliminated with correct setup..?
    has anyone experienced the same or is it just me,any feedback or input would be appreciated.
    cheers
    bugman

2. Lpool

Lpool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is "flyback lines " ? I have the same model, and I'm seeing som weird black blocks when the tv is showing dark scenes....by the way...is your tv buzzing? Mine is...

3. bugman

bugman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    flyback lines are very fine horizontal lines which are mostly visible on bright white or light backgrounds mine is displaying three,one is 4 inches from top,one 4 inches from bottom and the third is about 6 or 8 inches up the screen from the bottom.There is no buzzing from my fs76 ,but the fs70 did buzz.
    check whether you have any type of transformer located close to the set ie/digital phone transformer or similar.the blocks are probably something to do with sky digitals crap broadcast quality which will be worse watching on a 100hz tv,which i get too.Try watching any scenes with water or fast action sport and you will see how poor sky is.

bugman

4. Lpool

Lpool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't see them on my tv..sorry...and the black"blocks" that I can se on dark scenes as visable on dvd films too...The buzzing I am talking about is normal on tv set I think..all tv's that I have owned did buzz..but this set buzzes a little bit loader...satisfied with the set otherwise? I have 20 days to decide if I want to keep it or change it into another set...if so..in a Philips 369767...

5. rjw

rjw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The lines cannot be eliminated, they are a "feature" of Trinitron tubes. Some people find them more obvious than others.

6. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    saw the fs76 recently and was not blown away by it at all. and I should have for the price they are selling it for. Iwas side by side with the same analogue signal with a 9527 phillips and the phillips was clearer than the fs76. In about a week they are bringing the jvc av32d25 and Im really hoping it has a great picture and reasonable price so I can buy it.

why are widescreens so bloody expensive?

7. Lpool

Lpool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes the Philips tv are clearer on analogue signals..but watch it on dvd's...watch the pixel plus effect and see If you like that..I'm not sure..it looked too good...like a cartoon film almost...if you know what I mean..
    I have Fs76...and its not perfect...but is any tv perfect these days?

8. alim

alim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    RJW - I thought only 2 lines should be visible. I don't know where the 3rd one is coming from.

9. rjw

rjw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The number of lines depends on the size of the screen.
    A quick search turns up the following size/line correlations (admittedly for computer monitors).

< 17" 1 line
    17-21" 2 lines
    > 21" 3 lines