1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS76 faint dark band!?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Tommo24, May 15, 2003.

1. Tommo24

Tommo24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Calling all FS76 owners. Can you please consult your sets when viewing pale backgrounds i.e. snow and other pale/white backgrounds to see if you can see a faint dark band running horizontally across your set about 6-8inches from the bottom of the screen.

My set has developed such a dark band a couple of months ago and I know SimonO had this problem on his FS76 before exchanging for another set.

I would be very keen to hear from anyone else with such a problem on there FS76.

I seem to be noticing is more and more so can only attribute this the the band becoming slightly darker in recent weeks. I am seriously considering asking for a new set but am curious to know how many other people are putting up for this fault?

Many thanks

Tom

2. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    It's bugging you man..! I couldn't put up with it any more..! My new set arrives tomorrow so I'll let you know if it's any better...

3. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    i had the same problem, got a new one with no faults. The line appeared after a week or so???

4. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Got the Toshiba today... First impressions compared to the Sony, the stand is much better built but the set is not quite so good... The picture is better on my NTL cable (much less digital 'noise') and the colour is much richer to my eyes... Geometry is much worse than my Sony with downwards bend in the bottom right corner...

If I can get a 'good' one with better geometry I will be happy...

5. Tommo24

Tommo24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Astonbilla

Have you stuck with yours?

See, tonight the dark band on mine seemed less pronounced. Can tvs fluctuate in picture quality? Obviously the band was/is still there but just didn't seem as evident tonight?

Thanks for the input received. Seems to be a fault on the set which is a shame.

6. WSH

WSH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Not there on the four we had. Dark bar down the extreme left was there on the second, maybe a light bar on the fourth in the same place.

7. Tommo24

Tommo24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WSH

How long have you owned each of the sets?

It seemed to take a good few weeks before the band started to appear on mine although I did have my first set for 3 months and I didn't notice it then. I didn't have my 2nd more than a week. This is my third. Geometry is off in top left corner but I can live with that. Who did you buy yours off out of interest?

Thanks

Tom

8. WSH

WSH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    It was bought from JL. I had them for about 2 weeks each.

On each of them the left and right 5 inches are out of focus. They did not go back for that though. Do you see this also? You can tell if you put up any full screen menus on ntl or sky.

9. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Tommo24 i kept mine mate, i'm so fed up with swapping etc i'm going to stick with the set for a while - its not that bad really.

Besides i'll save for a plasma in the meantime :smashin:

10. Tommo24

Tommo24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WSH

I cannot detect the out of focus problems your sets have suffered. You have been even more unlucky than myself. BUT how can Sony produce so many problematic sets at the price they are charging!!????

Astonbilla

I am verging on the same decision as yourself. I love the FS76 spec and overall my set is pretty damn good. Obviously though, I and all others, when paying the price we have, want a perfect set.

Regards

Tom

11. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    It's not just Sony..! I still think they are one of the best...

12. MackemX

MackemX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mine was the same, sweeping bands from left to right

swapped it due to convergence problems in bottom right and new set is so much better

still out on convergence along top but very minimal but no sweeping effect