1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS76 At least another month

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Tommo24, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Tommo24

Tommo24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thought I would let those interested know that House of Fraser have been informed by Sony yesterday (3.02.03) that the FS76 would not be released until mid feb at the earliest. Most customers (HOF certainly) will not be getting the FS76 until end of Feb early March at earliest!!?? NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE SONY!

Regards

Tom

2. Tony_Cook

Tony_Cook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep - I'm still waiting for mine and was also told end of Feb (I read into that early March).
    They are "bashing them out as quick as possible" :(

3. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I rang sound and vision (again) today and was told that 2 had arrived on monday and gone straight out, unfortunately, i was 3rd on the list. :(

On a good note tho, the new What Video gave the fs76 5/5, said it wasnt brilliant with low quality sources but fed with proper quality source was superb.

4. Bam

Bam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats good to hear:smashin: , must be the March issue of What Video because I've got February's and it's not in there. Not that these reviews hold much credibility if you compare them.

I also bought Essential Home Cinema just to read its review and wasn't impressed. The review is short and non-technical.:thumbsdow

Maybe if you take all the reviews and average the ratings it will be more realistic.

Bam

5. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, the mag came out yesterday Bam.

I really think the 'Essential home cinema' reviewer mustve got a bad set or had something stuck in his eye when he was looking at the picture quality on the fs76.

btw, which part of cheshire you from if you dont mind me asking?

6. Bam

Bam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think he had streams of sweat in his eyes as he complained that he had struggled to lift it:)

I come the part of Cheshire nearest to Manchester and furthest possible from Scouse Land! (and thats as much as I am willing to say)

7. marineboy

marineboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered an FS76 from Comet - £1799 with free Sony DVD and Vid (combined price = £300) on a BNPL deal. AND....they called me yesterday to say that Comet have sold over 500 sets since Christmas, and that 7 (YES, SEVEN) have just arrived into the country from Sony.

How's that for meeting customer demand?

8. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In that case, you probably live somewhere near me...i live in the next village to Lymm.

Btw, regarding your "Negative reality inversion" quote-

"Yeees, it did a bit..."

I really hope that one of those 7 sets Sony just shipped into the country is mine.

9. Bam

Bam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very good...you have taste in comedy

10. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "Neil, is it really necessary to have the light on when yr in the bath?"

"Well, yeeeeah"

"Why, what are you planning to do, Photosynthesise!!"

hehe.

11. Bam

Bam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am told that Sony apparently offer poor service to most retailers in terms of meeting demand, which I do find very strange:confused:

John Lewis currently have 168 sets on order with 50 due in on 24 February, however this is subject to Sony meeting their promised delivery...it is not unusual for them to put back deliveries.

So with Comet having 500 on order, that makes 668 just from 2 retailers!! I guess we must need around 2000 sets delivered to the UK immediately.

Come on Sony if you're reading this Get your finger out!!!:nono:
    Its a good job I am loyal and willing to wait such a long time for delivery

12. Bam

Bam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A suggestion for those currently waiting for delivery...

Go to the Sony website www.Sony.co.uk click on 'support' then scroll down and click 'feedback'.

Send a general enquiry or complaint regarding the long delivery on this set.

If they receive enough of these feedback forms they might take action.:lesson:

I've just sent mine, if I do get a reply I will post it here.

13. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where did you order yours from Bam?

I got so bored i decided to pick my Alphason AV stand up from Sound & Vision yesterday, bloody heavy thing it is.

14. MackemX

MackemX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm one of those 168, but I wonder where I am on the list :confused:
    are there any other 36" TV's due out in the next few months that may be worth waiting for?

15. Bam

Bam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am one of the 168 waiting at JL also

I don't know of any new 36 inchers coming out, I've moved on to looking at DVD players, Amps & speakers for time being.

16. Tommo24

Tommo24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just worth noting that ED have FS76 in stock. How can some people have them in stock and others not?? Very strange.

Tom

17. MackemX

MackemX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is that in stock? or does is mean they place order with Sony so you wait 14 days stock I wonder cos there ain't none

It does say 3 days but I've seen stuff like that before

they get your order, then email you after so long saying it may be delayed. Unbeatable have had this TV showing delivery 7-14 days since December and kept me waiting 3 weeks, so I cancelled. I got my delayed email within 24 hours from them and one every week, so at least I was informed, but the Telephone staff were even more realistic by saying February when I rang up

very clever marketing business by ED really as everyone will go for somewhere saying 3 days than 7-14 days like other sites being more realistic, cos not everyone will cancel

Best to call first and check if they take your money when u order or upon despatch and also ask about stock. Plus make a note of who you talk to, just in case you are still waiting in 8 weeks time :D

18. BigB@dJ@y

BigB@dJ@y
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Unbeatable got a delivery of Sony stock on Friday 7th Feb...I know cos my 32LS60 was in it...getting it tomorrow :D

19. Tommo24

Tommo24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks MackemX.

Confirms how dodgy companies can be. The wait goes on!!!

Tom

20. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went into the store i bought mine from and let off some steam as i had repeatedly been fobbed off, and was told either this, or next friday.

21. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I ordered my FS76 mid December from JL Watford @ £1695 with £150 to spend on any Sony DVD/VCR...

The price has since dropped to £1549, which is what I paid on Saturday...

Mine is being delivered on Thursday 13th, and I was 46 on the list... I was told that they had another 50 coming in the following week...

I very nearly gave up waiting a couple of weeks ago, especially after reading the poor review...

I went back to JL Watford to look at the 36" Philips PP set...

The Sony is so much better IMO and worth the wait...

But then I would say that..!

22. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yah, i was a little surprised at that 'review', but the new What TV & Video gave it 5/5.

23. Bam

Bam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your recent enquiry.

I am sorry to read of the delay you have suffered while awaiting delivery of your KV-36FS76 Television. This unit is a very popular model and therefore back orders have occurred because demand has exceeded production.

I do acknowledge that you have already, unsuccessfully, sought to obtain information from your dealer concerning when your television will be delivered, but this is the only route through which it can be sourced. They will need to continue to liaise with the Sony sales department for an up-date of the stock and delivery information.

I am sorry we are unable to assist you directly on this occasion, but trust your order will soon be fulfilled. :zonked:

24. Manuman

Manuman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I received a phone call today from Sound&Vision to say my TV has arrived, im picking it up tomorrow afternoon as i cant be arsed waiting until Saturday for them to deliver it.

Ill let ya know my thoughts on it tomorrow.

25. Bam

Bam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You lucky Bar Steward Manuman:)

Get a refund for delivery

Bam

26. Bogside

Bogside

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +382
    Don't know if people have seen this yet but I posted it in the special offers section:

"Sony 36FS76
    This television (which has been popular in the television section of the forum) is on sale at premier a/v centre for £1399 - that's compared to the comet price of £1999!

They are a store in Birmingham (so if nothing else they should be useful as a pricematch elsewhere) and also have a website: www.totaldigital.biz

Don't know details of delivery costs but the product does come with the standard one year warranty."

27. MackemX

MackemX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    shipping is free, but same again ring 1st to check stock :D

I wonder if they do have them in stock or not, or is it just another ploy to get pre orders?

if I have to wait longer than Feb 24th I may start looking for another TV as there is bound to be a new Digital Intergrated one due out soon, which is what I would prefer

I've just had one of the Grundig Digiboxes from Currys, but took it back as I think I'd rather have an intergrated TV to save on plugs/wires/remotes/space etc

36NX200 is £1849 from there also which aint bad
    LINK

28. Bam

Bam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I needed a TV with built in digital decoder I would definately go for the 36NX200 no hesitation

I am planning on getting the Sky+ digibox as this is highly recommended and as far as I am aware is the only way to get broadcast surround sound, just don't like the idea of paying another tenner every month

29. MackemX

MackemX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bam is that just not on the widescreen movies where you get the extra sound?

I just bought a 2nd hand box for £20 yesterday and was looking at site yesterday to check subscription prices and saw the sky+ for £10 a month (cant get as many free channels with skybox than I could with my Grundig freeview box:()

go here then click on the green Product Demo tab, then click on Dolby Digital 5.1

http://www.sky.com/skycom/skyplus

the demo only mentions the widescreen movie channel that has 5.1, dunno if it's true but if it isn't why say the Widescreen channel?, why not just say all movie channles etc?

I'm gonna eventually get a DVD recorder with Hard Drive, why pay £10 a month & £50 install?, cos in time you will end up paying more for the sky+

as for sound I've already got a seperate amp (6.1 also cos quite a few DVD's are in 6.1 now and in time it will be the norm for most) with inputs for Video/DVD/SAT/Computer/PS2 etc

so all I need is a TV to view it on, which I aint got!, still stuck with 20" LG deigner jobby :rolleyes:

30. Bam

Bam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it is, but all Saturday Night premieres are broadcast in widescreen

This isn't the only reason though, you can watch one digital channel while watching another thus keeping the missus happy (she can record home and leisure while i'm watchin Man City get a fluke draw with Man U.:suicide: ).

I also want a DVD recorder but I think it will be at least 12 months before there is one available with all the features that I want (such as the Pioneer DV656A). Sony are bringing out a multi-format unit but it is still 12 months away.