FS2004 User Needs Help With MS2020 Series S

Grover2005

Novice Member
I am a longtime user of FS 2004...(Nope, never used any other simulator)...Just decided to upgrade to MS2020 on the Xbox S console and I am in trouble! Totally lost...Can't even find the aircraft listing or save a flight! Is there a really good, comprehensive guide book out there that I could purchase? I have the complete Super Deluxe version of the simulator (the $119 one) so I should have everything I need in that regard....I am truly lost, so any assistance the forum members could provide would be most welcome! Thanks a lot,

Steve

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Your different aircraft should be in you hangar, which comes under your profile.

Or when you’re setting up a flight you can select the plane you want in the top left corner of the globe screen.

To save mid-flight, or a flight plan, if you’re flying it the three lines button to bring up the menu, go to the world map, then press the other middle button, the two squares, that should prompt you to save/load. You may have to press it a couple of times to get to the save/load part. First time it says more options or something, I believe and once you’ve done that it should say save/load.

Grover2005

Novice Member
Thanks for the advice! Is it possible to use a keyboard as in the earlier flight simulators and where would I find the correct screen to program the keys? Thanks again and I don't mean to be a pest!

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Yes, you can use a keyboard, a mouse too if you want to.

In the options screen you can search by input or command name or just look under any of the sections that are there and assign any key you want to any function. It’ll warn you if it’s already mapped to something else.

Grover2005

Novice Member
Hi: Me again...I am having problems getting the program to accept reprogramming of the key assignments...Am using a Thrustmaster Hotus joystick and throttle...The programmer indicates that it is accepting the new key assignments, but it does not work in the flight...It seems that something is taking over the program...Is there a way to get the program back to just simple, manual flying without all of the "help" functions? All I want to do initially is fly! Thanks again!

reecie

I would suggest just looking for some videos on YT to get you started

eg. For the Hotas (note it (the Hota One) was bugged initially I believe)

Or this one to just get flying

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom