1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS2 AV cable upgrades?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by timlloyd, Aug 8, 2003.

1. timlloyd

timlloyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I've had my FS2's now for over 2 and a half years and just wondering if there's any upgrades available either by Mission or 3rd party, speaker cable, unmbilical cord, subwoofer connection etc. Has anyone replaced the free flat cable that was supplied, does it improve things or is the "umbilical cord" a limiting factor?

2. lscolman

lscolman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    I have the same speakers, and I guess that you could open up the plug that fits into the subwoofer and wire in higher quality cable. I haven't been brave enough myself, but the standard wires from the sub to the amp (umbilical) are painfully thin.

One of the main reasons I went for the FS2's, was so I could paint over the speaker cable, but I would be interested if anyone has changed the standard cable.

As an aside, now that I have EX/ES capability on my amp, can you wire 2 further NXT panels directly to the amp, or must they be connected to a sub.

3. timlloyd

timlloyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The mission site has a pdf somewhere detailing how to expand the fs2 to 6.1 / 7.1. You you do have to buy a second sub, and the theory is that the one sub runs the front three and the second the back 4. Having the two subs does give the advantage of separating the bass between front and back.