1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fs1 center or satalite

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by luv ya jen, Sep 3, 2003.

1. luv ya jen

luv ya jen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    getting a 6.1 amp for my mission fs1 set. my question is do i need a center speaker or a surround speakerfor the 6th channel

2. RichardJ

RichardJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The speakers are the same spec apart from the connections for stand and cable so it really depends on how you want to position the speaker since the FS1 centre speaker comes with it's own little stand attached for laying it horizontally.

I've got extra FS1 surrounds for my 7.1 system and they look good because the entire rear row of speakers match.

Remember that you will either need to buy a FS1 speaker cable or a cable adaptor in order to connect to your additional speaker to the amp.

P.S. If you are not wall-mounting your FS1's let me know as I have 4 mint boxed FS1 stands which I don't need for my setup.

Richard

3. luv ya jen

luv ya jen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks but i got a free pair of wall mounts in my set how far are your rear speakers in relation to where you sit

4. RichardJ

RichardJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The rear centres are about 5 foot directly behind the best seating position. My left and right surrounds are at each corner of the room though.