1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS : [XBOX] Fifa 2005

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Geoggy, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Geoggy

Geoggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    As per title.

In great condition - played a handful of times.

Looking for £24 inc 1st class recorded.

G

:thumbsup:

2. welshpaul

welshpaul
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'll give you £20??

3. Geoggy

Geoggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    paul - willing to split the difference at 22 but cant go lower than that im afraid.

lmk

cheers

4. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I'll take it for £22

5. welshpaul

welshpaul
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Okay £22 it is. PM your payment details.

6. Geoggy

Geoggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    in line with the rules, first refusal must go to welshpaul at 22 quid as asking price was 24 quid.

thanks for the interest.

G

wp - you got PM

7. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Geoggy as rule 3 states.

3, MAKING AN OFFER
    All offers must be made in the thread. The first offer of the asking price must secure the sale.

you asked for £22 and games guru offered you that before welshpaul. so the game should be sold to games guru.

Thanks

8. Geoggy

Geoggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    im confused.

i was not offerred the asking price by anybody.

i was offerred a lower price by welsh paul - at which stage i offerred to split the difference and at this stage we are therefore in a negotiation.

if the person making the original offer accepts the lower price then under my interpretation of the trading rules they would get first refusal.

a member posting an offer in the middle of a negotation of a price that has been stated as part of that negotiation in my opinion would only get the item if the offer is higher than the lower offer or the asking price.

9. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Here's how I see it,

Geoggy - you're willingness to accept £22 from welshpaul amounts to a blanket reduction in the asking price (would you seriously expect another member to come along following a potential refusal by welshpaul and offer your initial asking price?!).

You are obliged to sell to anyone subsequently offering that amount.

What I would suggest however, is that welshpaul is entitled to an adequate amount of time to consider, and respond to your offer since it was expressly made during negotiations with him - how long this should be isn't expressly stated in the rules, but on the basis that he has gotten back to you on the same day, I think fairness should prevail in this instance and he should be entitled to the item.

It's certainly a grey area, and I apologise for any inconvenience caused to Games Guru in this instance but the basis of our rules is always to promote fairness to all parties involved. If anyone feels particularly aggrieved by this decision then feel free to PM me, or LFC_FAN and we'll seek some further opinions on the matter.

Regards,

Kelvin.

10. Geoggy

Geoggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    not sure i agree on this to be honest mate - its an offer of 22 quid to an individual member that offerred lower than asking. clearly if this had been refused i would not then expect to get more for it - its what i am prepared to take.

i am not quite that naive. what is common in my significant experience in forums dvd / games trading is that the following happens

a) the original offerer comes back to accept / reject the suggested reduced price

b) a 3rd party comes in and makes a higher offer than the lowered price / and or the asking price.

If i walked in in the middle of a negotiation I would not for 1 minute expect to be first in the queue before the two parties involved in the original negotiation had agreed / not agreed the revised asking price unless i was offering the original asking price.

You make a good point about fairness and that is what my assertion was based on.

Price negotiations on a forum cannot expect to be done in "real time". A fair amount of time to respond to a suggested reduced price should be allowed - otherwise it is not a negotiation - it is simply a posting race.

I'm not trying to be awkward - and i hav enothing against Games Guru - i dont know any of the two parties involved.

I was just trying to act fairly.

Apols for any inconvenience caused.

:rolleyes:

11. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I withdraw my offer. Welshpaul can have it.

12. Geoggy

Geoggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    thanks gg - nothing personal - my mistake - iwas applying the rules of the dvd forums - not av.

all the best

ian

13. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Glad to see that the matter has been resolved amicably :)

Geoggy, I appreciate your response - I hope you can understand the fact that there was no intention on my part to be "awkward" either.

I also need to make a slight apology with regards to the rules for Gaming Classifieds, My reference to the "blanket reduction" in price was based on my understanding of the rules, and on previous discussions with other moderators. A stance was agreed upon, and a subsequent rule ammendment was made although it appears that this was not added to the rules in this forum, only to those in Hardware Classifieds.

To ammend this, and to prevent any future re-occurrences, the rules for Gaming Classifieds will now appear as a link to the rules in the Hardware Classifieds forum.

Geoggy - my point of reference in this instance was rule 3 which you may want to read. I was correct in saying that your reduced price replaced the original asking price, although it appears GG has been slightly hard done by in this instance as a literal interpretation would have seen him entitled to the game. Games Guru, I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Kelvin.