Frustrating Yamaha 2400

U

UnNaturo1

Heyas,

I've bought a new Yamaha 2400 seems they are running them out here at a pretty good price.

Pretty happy with bar the osd/setup.

Now i've worked out most of setup, with a lil bit o help from the forums here to fine tune it and its working sweet.

But.....

now this is prolly gonna sound stupid or at least make me sound so...

I set up the yami for home theatre...have the rears/fronts/sub working...i try to set up the 2 channel for fronts and sub only and everthing changes .i.e only 2 fts and sub are working on all settings.

I've tried setting it up on dvd , then changing to cd and setting it up there as 2 channel and sub..yet again it changes. Surely it's something silly i've missed..

Help would be appreciated :clown:

It remebers the a particular setting for each input. I.e. by default everything will probably be stero, but once you change it to a different dsp it should remeber that.

Set DVD to THX and then select CD and when you go back the DVD shold still be on THX.

If it just keep reseting itself to stero everytime, then thats a fault i think. My AX-620 certainly remebers the settings so i'm sure the newer/better and more expensive model should do this.

Are you switching to 2 channel by pressing the Stereo/Effect button or are you actually using the setups to tell the amp its only got 2.1 speakers?

Gaz, u r correct and the unit does that correctly. :)

Mandel, i am using the remote to switch between dvd and cd and then if ness,using the program knob on the amp itself to change to 2 channel.
Then i do the setup via the remote and osd and yes, i do try to tell the 2 channel that it is 2.1 and the dts or dolby that it is 5.1

I assume this is correct

It's not correct. If you alter the setup to a 2.1 config then the amp thinks thats all the speakers you have. You should just use the Stereo/Effect button and it'll store stereo or multichannel mode for each input. This works on my Yammy 640 which is from the same range.

Thx, I will fiddle with it more then and update later.

Just out of curiousity, is there a site/thread in forums which is a lil more plain english when it comes to setting up a 2400 and clear explainations of the functions provided on the amp? The manual could be better imho :)

UnNaturo1 said:
Just out of curiousity, is there a site/thread in forums which is a lil more plain english when it comes to setting up a 2400 and clear explainations of the functions provided on the amp? The manual could be better imho :)

It can be a bit tricky, as far as i know there's no site with detailed explanation. But if you have any difficulty just ask here, I'm sure there's always somebody with an answer! :cool:

Ok, its working in 2 chnl and straight in 2.1 now and plays the dvds in 5.1 etc but i have no idea how this came about. :laugh:

I'm need someone with infinite more knowledge about this machine to give me some insight to how this has occurred :confused:

I will read the manual carefully ...hopefully that might enlighten me a lil more...

UnNaturo1 said:
Ok, its working in 2 chnl and straight in 2.1 now and plays the dvds in 5.1 etc but i have no idea how this came about. :laugh:

It's funny how sometimes things just 'start' to work! :)

hey hey, i'm back again with the same questipon ;)

I've read my manual and it gives no answer to the above question.

I did some adjustments to the crossover in the setup and yet again, i have no sub in 2 channel or straight again.

This is how i have lost the sub everytime, yet it does return :eek:

It hasn't yet tho....

Anyone with similar experiences and maybe an idea of why this is so....

Cheers guys

Hmmm, maybe no one has a yami 2400 so no one can honestly answer??

Actually, i'm going to return it to get it checked out...i reckon there is a minor problem somewhere.

I've also found it very bright in direct mode, with almost no decent bass output....with fronts set to large etc.
Maybe when it's returned , i will spend some time reading thru other Yami av amp threads and see how others have solved the "bright" sound.

It came with a 3 year warranty so no panic...just want it sorted :cool:

Pure direct mode bypasses a lot of the processing in the amp. If it sounds bright that is likely because you have rather bright speakers. What are your fronts?

"Pure direct on 2500 = 2.0"
What does that mean...its version 2 and the 2400 is version 1.0?

The fronts are Mission m74i Floor standers set to large in amp setup.

Sorry I ment 2.0 as in stero without the sub
Where as 2.1 would be stero with the sub

I believe the amp does as little processing (if any) as possible and as such only the fronts will be heard, and the sub will get no signal, from the sub out.

Hope this clears that up.

Also missions are known to be a little on the bright side, but you can change the setting (in the 2500 anyway) with the equiliser, so you can probably change it's brightness. I've got no idea how to do this though.

Icidently i changed the equiliser settings from the auto setup ones to just flat, and now it doesn't sound as good :(
Guess i'll just have to run it again.

Try setting the equilizer up to front then getting the auto setup to equilize all the rest of your speaker to it. I find it sounds hte best.

I took it in yeaterday morn and they called in the avo to say it was fixed...nice service and now the basic probs fixed i.e. the sub works in 2 chl and straight.

So it was a minor fault after all....

To be honest, it sounds pretty damned good in the above :) and i've no experience with the amp equaliser and i'd prolly end up re-running auto setup to fix watever i balls up :D

I should now change the threads name to cool Yami ;)

Thx guys

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom