Frustrating projector blur issue - Epson LS10500

cybergambit

Hi all,

Have been trying to get to the bottom of this myself for weeks without burdening the forum, but need to know if I am making a fundamental mistake somewhere.

No matter what I do, I cannot get the image to focus precisely, there is a blur to it I just cannot fix. Here are my current settings/positions.

Projector: Epson LS10500 (Cinema Mode) - Ceiling mounted upside down
Screen: Duronic 16:9 @ 133" diagonal image

Distance from Projector to Screen = 4.42 metres

I've attached some settings screenshots in case there's something obvious that I've missed.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG-1975.JPG
    IMG-1975.JPG
    317.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG-1974.JPG
    IMG-1974.JPG
    303.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG-1973.JPG
    IMG-1973.JPG
    289.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG-1972.JPG
    IMG-1972.JPG
    324.7 KB · Views: 55

mmdd

Standard Member
What image enhancements are you using?
Use a 1080p signal and disable resolution enhancements.
Your photos look good and the convergence seems good (although in the LS the convergence changes a lot with temperature).
Are you referring to a blur in the entire image or in a specific part?

cybergambit

What image enhancements are you using?
Use a 1080p signal and disable resolution enhancements.
Your photos look good and the convergence seems good (although in the LS the convergence changes a lot with temperature).
Are you referring to a blur in the entire image or in a specific part?
Yes the blur is across the entire image but for now I'm just trying to get the centre to focus sharply, but it just has a blur I cannot get tighter - on words it's more obvious.

I don't have any image enhancements on as far as I know - I'll try 1080p without HDR and put it into Standard picture mode on both the projector and Denon amp (at the moment they are both set to 4K HDR in Cinema and Movie modes respectively).

Will update shortly.

cybergambit

Had Super Resolution / 4K Enhancement (4K-1) on. Switching that to Off and everything went sharp and unblurred. How strange.

Is this 4K enhancement not something that should be active?

mmdd

Standard Member
The internal scaler of the LS is not very good.
If you want maximum quality send a native 4k signal (or scaled with another device) or 1080p without using image enhancements.
Low latency mode also noticeably degrades the image.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom