Frustrating issue with iphone

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by blue max, Apr 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. blue max

blue max
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,316
    I know there's a dedicated board, but this is where I'll find the answer :)

Have a few email accounts on my phone and I'm having an annoying issue with just one.

Simply, I can only see the past day or two's emails. The other accounts show much larger history. But I can't see anywhere to change this. I'm sure I never set this and I do think all the accounts are basically the same.

Anyone any ideas please. It's been a constant frustration and I've just had to live with it.

2. ssbib

ssbib

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +663
    There is a setting somewhere that shows “days to sync”and you change that to all and it will show them. Can’t find it right now though. I’m on the iPad though so will check when I get on the iPhone in a bit.

3. CocoLoco

CocoLoco
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Are you able to access that account via some form of webmail? It could be that some other device is setup to download and delete the emails from the server after 2 days or such but the quickest way to check the server does have full history or not

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. blue max

blue max
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,316
    Thanks guys. Not at home, but good suggestions

5. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,241
    Agree with CocoLoco.

I mainly access my email using outlook on my PC over POP. But I also access it from my iPad (essentially the same as the iphone) over IMAp which looks at the server but doesn’t download anything.

So when the emails ls disappear of the server, IMAP can no longer see them so they disappear from my iPad.

In my case the crux is how outlook was setup on my PC - nothing to do with iPad config. On my PC outlook was set to delete emails from the server once it had downloaded them. So I would be fine with my iPad as long as I did not open Outlook. It would be really annoying if I checked my emails in Outlook before going to work and shutting done my PC because it would mean all day on my Android phone (same principle) I would get no emails.

The solution for me was to go into Outlook where you will find options on email download to delete, retain, or keep for x days. Be careful with using ‘retain’ because your server allowance can fill and you will get no more until you go and clear it down. I set mine to keep for 7 days which is enough to keep a decent history on my mobile devices.

Cheers,

Nigel

6. Bl4ckGryph0n

Bl4ckGryph0n
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16,722
    Or alternatively have them all set to IMAP and use offline folders with Outlook so you'll move them out of your inbox in a deliberate act where you want to keep them...

Just a thought :)