1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustrated Xbox Owner

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Jam, Aug 19, 2002.

1. Jam

Jam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I really like my xbox.

It sits next to my 43inch TV looking and acting like Marcellus Wallace (i.e. big, black and trying to make me forget that my pride is "****ing" with me) from Pulp Fiction.

Basically, I'm a little hacked off that I won't be getting to play Vice City. My pride at buying into the xbox early is stopping me from going out and buying into playstation2. Ultimately, I made my choice and now I'm living with it (no decent footie game - where i can take liverpool to the league title with real names etc - on xbox nearly a year after launch - arrrrrrrrrrgh!), but after tasting the best video game released last year at my brothers house, it's particularly frustrating to learn that I won't be able to play the sequel unless I buy into this new machine.

Of course I realise that other machines have exclusives blah blah blah blah.

I just wanted to have a bit of a rant. 200 veichles, including rideable motor bikes, pedestrians as human shields and delivering pizzas. Just some of the things I won't be able to do come October.

ARRRRRGH!

2. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Why did you buy an Xbox in the first place if you want to play GTA3 or it's follow up Vice City?

You should have gotten yourself a PS2 then you'd have nothing to moan about :D

As for Fottie games - Redcard is quite good. No idea if it's out over here yet.

3. ytgti

ytgti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes why did u buy an crXp box, sony is the future and theres no stopping them.

4. Dom H

Dom H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That is the lamest xbox poke I've ever heard :D

The 'PoS2' is not the future, it's old news...do people still even have PS2's nowdays??

Just jesting :p

5. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Here come the console fanboys :mad:
    Can you not just enjoy what you have :confused:

6. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw one down at the old abandoned library the other day, right behind the microfiche machine. :)

7. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol I'm with you actually Jam, if you're on about Pro Evo Soccer. Such a quality title ^_^ If Konami released it on the Xbox and GC I'm sure it would generate sales with no problems, so manbe Sony have given Konami an incentive to keep it on the PS2.

As for Redcard, its a decent alternative as is Sega's Soccer Slam buts its not in the same legue as Pro Evo IMHO.

As for not enjoying what consoles we have... I certainly do. Its just unfortunate that a certain thread was Xbox only since I've noticed that the mods have put up messages about hijacking threads. If we mentioned a different console we'd just get a warning and could potentially be banned if things get out of hand.

8. Jam

Jam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Certainly don't want the mods to get over officious ;-)

I happen to think that the console I've bought into is a fabulous bit of kit. I've played some excellent games on my machine that you won't find anywhere else.

And there are some great games to come. Splinter Cell looks especially fab. Guess I was a bit hacked off that GTA3 was "deannounced" for xbox by Rockstar. I could go off on one and talk about platform specific gaming, but that would stray off topic a bit and be a bit pointless. I mean there will always be games that some machines just can't handle and exclusive publishing deals.

But I'd swap multi platform Spiderchump for a bit of Pedestrian maiming.

Neo - I guess I was subconsciously referring to Pro Evo. With the start of the new footie season, you'd have thought that we'd be inundated with new footie games vying for our hard earned cash. Konami has the publishing deal for pro evo with sony until the end of next year, so a turn around on that is unlikely.

Also, how about releasing some of the NFL games here in the UK? Don't get me started on import games - what kind of market research denies NFL2k3 a release over here but guaruntees we'll get games like bloodwake?

Arrrrrrrgh!

9. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    GTA3 sold amazingly well so its no surprise that Sony tied up a deal to keep it exclusive, plus its for some time yet so theres no point in getting any hopes up for a multi-format release.

The Xbox lineup is getting stronger alright but it still needs time which is why I believe that after Xmas the Xbox needs to be in full flow.

Bloodwake... lol. No further comments needed ^_^ I haven't kept up to date with the NFL stuff but it does look like you would have to import mate... I import a few games because I'm tired of the shoddy PAL conversions (massive borders, 17.5% slower games) plus some titles are oddly missing from the european lineup as you have illustrated with NFL.

Its annoying alright but we could send the companies millions of emails and not get one reply so imports is the way to go.

10. 2manyconsoles

2manyconsoles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    3 words about the Xbox

Panzer Dragoon Orta

:D

11. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got mixed feelings about Orta... It would have been great if Sega opted to make another sequel to Panzer Dragoon Saga IMHO. Mind you, they could have that game next up on the list. I certainly hope so since the original game is rather rare on the Sega Saturn >_<

12. 2manyconsoles

2manyconsoles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been playing Panzer Dragoon Zwei - its a great game - add to that what look to be some of the most beautiful screen shots ever seen on a console and we're talking greatness - only doubt is whether it appears to the casual gamer.
    I believe only 4000 copies of Panzer Dragoon Saga made it into English thanks to Sega America - they go for £60 or so on ebay - not a fan of RPG but I would like to check it out.

13. Jam

Jam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I must admit I'm looking forward to PDO, also Knights of the old Republic, Metal gear Solid 2 and Splinter Cell, amongst others.

But we've kind of taken this off topic. My point was that I'm a bit hacked off with the GTA 3 follow being a one console exclusive. I want to be able to rip my own tunes and create my own goddamn radio station (Jammin FM). I want to bash old women on the head with my BB bat and steal their purses in glorious texture rich xbox o' vision.

But most of all, I want to be able to use the power of the xbox to walk into any building I want to go in - pool halls, bars, clubs, churches, office blocks, anywhere. I want to randomly pick up a beer glass and smash it in an anonymous punters face whilst doing a "carlitos way" drug deal.

Total flexible movement in a living breathing city.

That's what I want. So why doesn't a clever developer just "steal with glee" and get it done?

14. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol Jam, you certainly want to get stuff out of your system ^_^ I'm pretty sure a GTA clone will appear on the Xbox sooner rather than later since there is a market for it. We would have to wait and see though...

2manyconsoles, you should check out Saga if you have the chance to. It is a real shame that it wasn't released with more backing but I'm sure Sega are looking at their options. OutRun 2 is almost a cert for the Xbox but it would also be nice to have a go on Planet Harrier too.

15. ashearer

ashearer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

16. Jam

Jam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Neo - It has to be a dead cert doesn't it? (images of stealing a pizza delivery bike and gunning down fat luigi as he tucks into some serious pepperoni action...okay I'll stop that now)

Maybe Hitman 2 will fill the obvious violent gap in my console software want list. (although the last level of max payne - walking through the metal detector and then fighting four guys in super slow mo two pistol matrix action is still keeping me going)

Roll on xbox live. Me, you and a million other living, breathing citizens of GTA 3. We get up, everyday, have a regular job and choose the path of our lives in the virtual world. Scary stuff :)

Scary Violent stuff when I come to think about it. Imagine being the guy trying to steal the car, you being the driver, speeding off with him half in and then chasing him trying to run him over. Or just getting out and having a gun battle in the middle of the street. How many xbox livers would just hang around on roof tops trying to snipe each other?

Possibilities are endless really.

17. ytgti

ytgti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    **** [/B][/QUOTE]

I bet thats the cleverest thing you've said all your life.

18. ashearer

ashearer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I bet thats the cleverest thing you've said all your life. [/B][/QUOTE]

No, but I thought I'd better make sure you could understand it.