Frustrated digi cam user seeks advice.

Bristol Pete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,

For reference I own an Olympus Camedia C-725 ultra zoom SLR camera. (8 x optical zoom. 24 x seamless digital and optical zoom. 3.0 megapixel effective).

I recently posted my camera for sale here and have not really had the response I was looking for. Therefore I have decided to keep it and try and get better at using it.

So, can anyone advise me how I can speed the camera up in ‘my settings' as I am tending to get a lot of movement within the shots, mainly when shooting family and friends – e.g people!

Landscape shots, buildings and so on are actually awesome but I am getting fed up of poor candid digital camera pictures. 75% of my Christmas photos were blurred, some more than others.

Thanks in advance if any one can give me some advice on shutter speeds and how to remove ghosting. Obviously I do realise that I may simply be a crap photographer!

Captain Benefit :smashin:

Are you talking about blurred shots indoors ?

Are you using a flash ? If not then the camera will expose for longer and you get shots that become very blurred as the camera will be very sensitive to slight shake and motion in the scene. A tripod could seriously improve things.

I would imagine that you are using a flash which shouldnt really account for blurred shots. Normally flashes are so bright its easily enough to freeze the moment.

Maybe it is a setting issue though. I don't know your camera at all, but I suppose you could have set something in error.

Hopefully someone else can be more help !

Not using a flash indoors generally. Will try that however!

Any others with advice?

Thanks,

Cap.

definately use flash indoors overide the cameras choice if necessary, and if you have the option change the iso mode from auto to 200 or whatever you find gives the best results if you are not planning on enkarging more than 10x8 size just experiment with the manual iso settings and you will find your pictures getting a lot sharpen, higher iso= faster shutter speed= less camera shake, but this can leed to more noise in pictures but thats why experimenting is a must, never ever with any digicam i have owned have i been totally happy with pre programmed mode results. hope this helps. Mike

Yeah it's the flash mate - I got a C765 for Xmas and the results on Christmas day we're appalling. The pictures taken were indoors in a pretty well lit room but the camera really needs the flash.

Obviously by choosing not to use the flash you are telling the camera to leave the apperture open longer so asking for shake / blurring and ghosting.

I think personally this is a failing in the camera as my Nikon Coolpix takes good pictures without the flash in a well lit room.

Still i'm very new to the camera and need to learn it more.... :lesson:

OK, thats a great tip. Will have a look at that and do some test shots. It is a great camera other wise. A while ago I took some snaps of Bristols famous redcliffe church and they were superb, pin sharp and really eeking out the detail.

Hopefully I can get better indoor results now.

Thanks,

Cap :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom