Frozen touch screen on Harmony Elite remote

Bman

I'm having some issues with my harmony remote. Maybe someone here has a solution for it...

It seems that my Elite remote touch screen freezes after I wake it up from sleep. The screen is not responsive.
Resetting the remote via "off" button, does solve the problem but only until the next time he goes to sleep.
I tried to update the firmware via pc. I also tried to reset the remote via "off+menu" combo, but the problem persists.
Any other ideas?
The thing is that the screen is ok most of the time, so it doesn't appear to be a hardware issue.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
I had a similar issue.

I let the battery discharge completely until the remote was dead, then let it charge overnight and it was back to working normally.

Hope that helps.

Bman

I think it's 3-4 years old. If Bob's suggestion won't work I may try to replace the battery

Bman

I had a similar issue.

I let the battery discharge completely until the remote was dead, then let it charge overnight and it was back to working normally.

Hope that helps.
So far so good. After the battery went dry I recharged it overnight. When I first picked it up the screen was frozen but after one "off" reset all seems good.

But now I have another issue... the sensitivity of the touch screen is very bad.
Fast scrolling is almost impossible and almost every time I try to scroll, I hit a command line.
I don't see any sensitivity settings on the remote. Is there something to do?

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom