Frozen planet £22.97 !!

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
Just picked this up from Morrisons on blu ray for £22.97 .... a superb price me thinks.
It will look awesome on my new 65VT30 being delivered saturday afternoon .... happy christmas :thumbsup:

Indiana Jones

Good price, I have it pre-ordered with Tesco at £20 but once it arrives its going away till xmas :(

Strange that Asda are already selling it as its not released until Monday.

Anyway enjoy it and be sure to report back on whether it has HD audio and if its presented in 1080i/50hz or 1080p/24hz

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
Good price, I have it pre-ordered with Tesco at £20 but once it arrives its going away till xmas :(

Strange that Asda are already selling it as its not released until Monday.

Anyway enjoy it and be sure to report back on whether it has HD audio and if its presented in 1080i/50hz or 1080p/24hz

The release date is today mate 8/12/11 , just checked the rear of the box and it has DTS Master audio but the video states 1080i

Indiana Jones

kingkarl said:
The release date is today mate 8/12/11 , just checked the rear of the box and it has DTS Master audio but the video states 1080i

What an odd day to release something, assumed it would be coming out Monday as my order still hasn't been sent.

Good to hear its the correct 1080i and has HD audio.

Mr Jolly

Saw this advertised in Morrisons on Monday and remembered about it tonight in Asda. Cue quick visit to Morrisons and one £5 fuel voucher redeemed later a present for £17.99. Result :thumbsup:

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
What an odd day to release something, assumed it would be coming out Monday as my order still hasn't been sent.

Good to hear its the correct 1080i and has HD audio.

So people the video being 1080i is the preferred format then , I thought 1080p would be more preferred ?

Indiana Jones

The BBC shoot at 1080i/50hz so not screwing with the res or playback speed is always preferable.

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
I missed the first 3 episodes on the beeb and refused to watch the others till I had the boxset ....... I have heard only amazing things about the series what are your thoughts as this was a blind buy :smashin:

Indiana Jones

I haven't seen a single episode either so it's a blind buy for me but after Planet Earth, Life and Human Planet it was a no brainer.

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
I haven't seen a single episode either so it's a blind buy for me but after Planet Earth, Life and Human Planet it was a no brainer.

Yes true , I got the others apart from life and still ain't watched human planet lol :rolleyes:

Dubliner1

...picture quality on this is fantastic...I think it was released today, Thur 8th, as they had to wait until all episodes were finished being broadcast on tv around Europe yesterday, Wednesday.

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
Can't wait got shed loads of stuff to watch on my new TV :smashin:

Indiana Jones

I know that feeling, I put off watching a lot of BDs Xmas 2 years ago as I ordered a brand new set and wanted to enjoy them on it.

kingkarl

Distinguished Member
Can't wait till saturday for santa to bring my 65VT30 mate :smashin:

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Should this not be in the bargains forum. ?

HummerUK

£17.99 @ play.com for those who don't visit bargains.

HummerUK

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom