• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Frozen Garmin Nuvi 205W

Mark Costello

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

Hope someone can help with a problem with my nuvi 205W. Its frozen on the load up cycle - when you power it on, you get the garmin logo screen, then it says its loading maps, then it flicks briefly to the hooked up to the pc screen, then it repeats this cycle continuously while its connected to power. Not connected to power its the same, but it turns itself off after the garmin logo screen (think there is very little battery left but when its hooked up to the pc its not recharging).

I've looked across the internet and found people recommending both a hard and soft reset but none of these work. I've tried connecting it to a PC and updating or resetting firmware but it says that there is no device connected - this is trying multiply cables and USB ports.

Any help or is my sat nav dead and beyond help? Its 2 years old and out of warranty.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom