Frozen 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Wedlock

Thanks for the review Cas !

I liked Frozen and i am going to watch the second movie when it’s out in cinema’s.
I own the US 4K release and it’s amazing so agree with your findings Cas.

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Great review Cas, the soundtrack is on daily in our house along with Tangled and Moana.
Looking forward to taking the kids to see part 2 at Christmas.
If this disc looks sumptuous, I can only imagine what Moana will look like!
While I want to dive in, I’m still waiting to see if Disney + is coming to the UK early 2020, if it’s 2021, physical format it will have to be.

Earthscope

Thanks Cas for the review. :D

I see you were channeling your inner Disney Princess watching this...🤣❄

Wedlock

Great review Cas, the soundtrack is on daily in our house along with Tangled and Moana.
Looking forward to taking the kids to see part 2 at Christmas.
If this disc looks sumptuous, I can only imagine what Moana will look like!
While I want to dive in, I’m still waiting to see if Disney + is coming to the UK early 2020, if it’s 2021, physical format it will have to be.
I’m lucky enough to be living in Holland where Disney+ is testing right now.
I can say there is plenty of choices including Moana, Tangled and Frozen but many are standard HD only with the exception being Frozen which is in 4K and Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos.
I will keep the subscription (because i share it with my sister and her family) but it still won’t beat discs so I will keep on buying them.
I do understand that for kids a subscription would be ideal to binge watch all their favorite movies though :)

steviedr

Distinguished Member
I’m lucky enough to be living in Holland where Disney+ is testing right now.
I can say there is plenty of choices including Moana, Tangled and Frozen but many are standard HD only with the exception being Frozen which is in 4K and Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos.
I will keep the subscription (because i share it with my sister and her family) but it still won’t beat discs so I will keep on buying them.
I do understand that for kids a subscription would be ideal to binge watch all their favorite movies though :)
Completely agree, I see the sub as an easy way to get many of the catalogue without spending a fortune. I’d hoped the majority would be 4K, so it will be disappointing if they don’t upgrade them soon.
Audio has always been poor digitally too, so another reason to keep purchasing the physical format.
I’ve purchased ATV this year and while it’s cheap and pq isn’t bad, audio cant complete with the disc format.

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
Great review Cas. We have had the 3D version of this since release. I guess its probably time to upgrade to the 4k version. Sometimes you just have to " let it gooooo, let it goooooooo. :smashin:

encaser

Distinguished Member
Somehow, I don't think most of the fans out there have the equipment to appreciate this for visual or, particularly, audio quality. But for the minority of parents who do and have to endure willingly play this, it'll be another distraction from content.
Mercifully our angels have sets in their respective rooms but when they insist on torture 'family time' the upgrade will offer a modicum of relief.
Thanks for a Spanish Inquisition level disc review, Cas.

Mallardo

Sorry but can't see how this movie gets a 9. Agreed it became a phenomenon but that was just because of one showstopping set peice, the rest of the movie is average at best. (And believe me as a parent I have seen a lot of kids films, many far superior to this one.)

adbailey18

I will definitely be picking this up solely for testing purposes only.........................now where's my dress:p🤫

steveoidm

Watched it this weekend on the jvc n5, was an utterly stunning image. Was wondering whether it would be that much better than the Blu-ray given it had to be an upscale, but I think it’s a great demo disc to show how much better these upscale / hdr / wcg discs can be.

MikeTVMikeTV

Frozens a great film, it's crazy how everyones allover Elsa still, when Anna is clearly the hero.

Frozen 2 comes out on my daughters birthday, can't wait.