1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

frozen 4805

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rickyd, Mar 17, 2005.

1. rickyd

rickyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi all
    my infocus 4805 has started to freeze up on me!! when i turn the unit on, nothing happens! the lamp lights up and that is it! it wont accept any commands from the remote control or from the buttons on the pj itself!!
    I have to turn it off at the mains and restart it, then it works ok, til the next time i come to use it, then i have to perform the same sequence again!
    has anyone else had this problem?
    kinza

2. braiden

braiden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Hi

I have had this happen once and was a bit concerned, however it has not happened since, but I will be keeping an eye on it. if yours is freezing up every time you use it it, I would suggest a call to infocus tech support here's the number Call 0800 0286470, option 1.

braiden

3. rickyd

rickyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    braiden
    Thats the annoying thing though, somedays it works fine! then it glitches again, for a day or two.
    Strange one, isnt it?
    It is still in warranty, so looks like i will have to contact infocus.
    kinza

4. braiden

braiden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Hi Kinza

As I said previously it's only happened the once to me. But even if it is an intermittent problem I would get checked out.

When it happened to me I tried to think if I had done anything to cause it i.e. turned on the projector before pluging in dvd player.

The only thing I could think of was that I did indeed turn on my PJ before even plugging in my dvd player, but all the same it should still not freeze.

If it happens to mine once more I am going to contact infocus.

Braiden

5. rickyd

rickyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    I contacted infocus, they are sending a u.p.s man/van on monday to collect my faulty 4805 :thumbsup: and even better, he is bringing a replacement 4805 for me to use whilst they investigate the problem. :clap:
    Now THAT is great service from infocus.
    kinza