Frost Covered Trees - Playing with Panoramic's

Valleyman

Earlier this month the girlfriend treated me to a weekend away in a cottage in the cotswolds as a "photo taking holiday", awww. Isn't she sweet?

Anyway, just thought I'd share this with you. A piccie of Westonbirt Arboretum. To get it I took a series of 6 portait photos, and sticked them together in CS4. Tweaked the levels and altered the blue in the sky to give it a bit more oomph.

I am quite happy with the result. The frost on the trees was just amazing! Such a winter wonderland.

[IMGLINK]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3383/3219160024_52971c1d1c_o.jpg[/IMGLINK]

Comments and criticisms welcome. :thumbsup:

denno75uk

I think it's come out really well. Looks beautiful.
Could maybe go darker still to see if a bit more of that sky can be rescued, but apart from that....:thumbsup:

Valleyman

Thanks guys. Can't really get the blue any more blue without it looking totally unnatural. Might try a bit of graduated filter on it but when I originally tried it made it look a bit weird. Didn't seem to fit with the scene. Must try again.

Looking at the photo now makes it all look a bit unreal, probably because all the trees are different, looks like its been set up.

Rich

onefivenine

Maybe try a different approach to your PP if you're not quite getting the effect you want. Or reduce the exposure and go for low key colour.
This image is bordering on 'high key' in tems of the exposure.
Perhaps try converting to B&W...?
B&W is popularly considered to work better than colour in a lot of high key images. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom