Question Fronts and centre for £600 ish

Monkey303

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've had some great info so far and I need a bit more guidance regarding my front speakers. I need a pair of bookshelf speakers and a matching centre speaker. Looking to spend £600 or so and I am open to any brands. I listen to mostly older music from funk, soul, hip hop, dance, rock, pop, most genres really, but older stuff. So far I have a Marantz SR6010 and Q Acoustics 2050, but I'm not keeping the 2050 as they are a bit harsh in the treble at louder volumes. I'll be ordering a Monolith+ this month too.

One requirement that is important is that the speakers are OK being wall mounted as, due to space constraints, they are going to be mounted on the wall at either side of the TV and the centre underneath.

Looking for something that will sound great for TV/Movies and netflix, but also nice and detailed for music. I've been looking st the Q Acoustics Concept 20, Dali Zensor 3, but hopefully I can get some more suggestions here, thanks!

Smallish room at 4L x 4.5W x 2.4H.

Thanks.

If I am reading it right the front L/R speakers are going to be right next to the TV, if this is the case then the need for a centre is far less since there will be no real separation between the 3 speakers. This could mean you can concentrate the budget on a pair of better quality speakers and hence get a better overall sound (especially since a lot of centre speakers cost almost as much as the front pair). For example a little over budget but something like the Kef LS50 would maybe come into scope if just getting the front pair.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Not right next to, but the TV is going on the wall and the speakers will need to as well, they will be approximately 7 feet apart. It's floor space I haven't got much of on that wall, that's another reason the floor standers are going. I completely get where you're going, but I would like a matching centre for the movies/tv thing. Those Kefs do look nice though!

Depending on how close you are sitting 7 ft is not that far apart so my advice of no centre may still stand. A centre is not essential for TV and movies but does depend on the layout of the room etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom