Frontrow seating?

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by True Romance, Jul 31, 2012.

1. True Romance

True Romance
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,031
    Anyone got the DFS Dynamo sofa/chair, if so what are your thoughts?

Dynamo

Was looking at the above sofa/chair but would be interested to see what you guys use in a dedicated HC room.

Okay now looking at frontrow seating, anyone have any of these seats? Do demo near me and they want £150 for a 30 min demo which will be knocked of the price if I buy but if I don't like it I'll lose the money :eek:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  2. ddgaine

ddgaine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I am currently taking DFS to the small claims court - thats my view on DFS!!!

3. True Romance

True Romance
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,031
    Oh dear, hope you get it sorted. Just thought the dynamo range looks good for my hc room, need to decide quick as the DFS sale ends on Sunday at 5:00pm :D

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  4. Arcam_boy

Arcam_boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,372
    I've got the Dynamo sofa bed in my Xbox room.

Very nice sofa, well made and very good service from DFS highly recommended from me :)

5. True Romance

True Romance
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,031
    Guys now looking at frontrow seating, anyone have any of these seat? Can't get a demo near me.

Thanks.

6. surrey lad

surrey lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Did you get your seating sorted? I tried the dynamo at dfs last weekend, they are so comfortable, the wife was sold on them straight away due to the fact the choice of colours available. Got home measured the room and it's all a wee bit too tight, room width 4.3m sofa 3.94m (brochure size). Now wondering if dfs could do a 3 seater version of the dynamo if they don't I might take a look at front row, i believe Kent home cinema have them

7. Mr X

Mr X
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,569
    Did anyone here go for Dynamo or Frontrow. About to do a home cinema and Dynamo was VERY comfy in strode. 3.9m in a 4.9m so tight but do-able as it will be a dedicated room. Any updates from OP or Surrey Lad?
    Thanks

8. surrey lad

surrey lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    ended up getting the 3 seater and upgraded the leather to the top spec, worth the extra I'd say. the 3seater we have measures just under 3.2m and our room is 4.3 wide and there is ample space space at either end to walk past in fact I wish we'd got the 4 seater, very strange never snuggling up to the wife to watch a film. A 4 seater will come in at 3.8m not 3.9m as a single seat module measures 600mm and don't forget that you'll need a power socket close by. I'll take some pics tomorrow if your interested.

9. Mr X

Mr X
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,569
    Thanks! Makes me feel much better about my choice as Ive gone for Dynamo 4 seater auto with 2 modules. Measurements say 3.9m (hopefully 3.8 as you say) and area is 4.9 so I shuld have similar access as you.

Looked at so many seats but could not believe how comfy these are and managed to get £300 off so like you also went for top spec leather.

Also like the fact that unlike most of the others I viewed on line, the seats are nice a roomy. In fact on the 4 seater I'm sure you could squeeze an emergency 5th person in the middle two seats.

Would be great to see some pics of yours in situ. Mine don't arrive for another 4-5 weeks but i haven't even started work on the room yet so that's not a bad thing.

Thanks again for the feedback :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  10. surrey lad

surrey lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Here you go, as you can see the rooms not quite finished as I'm working on the bathrooms at the mo. The room used to be 2 ground floor bedrooms that we knocked trough.

As you can see there's plenty is space. The seats are plugged into a wall socket on the left when facing the sofa. In hindsight a four seater hard up against the left wall would of given me the same amount of space to pass at the opposite end and with the added benefit of not having a trailing lead on the left.

Attached Files:

11. Mr X

Mr X
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,569
    Very nice! Love the colour you've gone for, almost chose that one myself. As you say the colour choice is amazing. Really happy I've gone for this now, thanks for sharing the pics. Look forward to seeing your completed room, it already look great :)