1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

front speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by hitz, Jan 8, 2002.

1. hitz

hitz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone got view on Mission m73 as 2 fronts speakers.

I went into richers sounds to enquire about eltax silverstone 200 and they suggested celestion F2 was alot better.

I would like floorstanders but they can be no higher than 80cm as i would like them to fit into a open stand cabinet.

my budget is no more than £200

2. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I use the M73's... fantastic pair of speakers suited to both home cinema and music... I don't reckon you can get a better pair of floorstanders for the money (£132 at QED by the way, RRP £200, if spending this much, see below).

However, they are 85cm high, 5cm over your limit. That's without spikes.

Just let me say, don't be pressurised into anything by Richer Sounds. If you know what you want, then go for it. Don't be made uncomfortable by their tactics, or you'll end up with something they want you to buy instead of something you actually want.

You can get the Mission M773e's from RS for £200, which are a better speaker than anything else they have in RS for that money. They're 85cm tall as well though.

3. hitz

hitz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks pointon.

I will have to try and measure them exactly to see if i can squeeze them into my gap i have.

i was hoping that the measurements quoted included spikes - but obviously not.

Thanks for your advice on Richersounds.