1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by bluebearuk, Mar 16, 2005.

1. bluebearuk

bluebearuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the mordaunt short premier plus speaker set as they had good reviews and my wife thought they were nice looking. I have a yamaha rx-v1500 and decided I would use my old (15 years) kenwood ls83 speakers as a separate zone and tried them to see if they matched the amp. After listening to a cd and a dvd on MS302 front and old kenwoods, my wife said the MS302 were cr*p and that we should put the old hifi speakers as fronts.

Not only does this mean that my wife will accept different types of speakers but satellites are no longer the only option!

I would like to keep satellites at the back, but can anyone point me in the direction of wife friendly front floor standers (could be an oxymoron). I have let her look at the MS914, 906 as I thought they would match, but she doesn't like the look of them. Just goes to prove, she likes the sound but eventually the look is more important..........................

Any suggestions would be appreciated

2. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MS906s are great for music (I would say that, I have them!), other options are the Canton CD50 and CD100 speakers.

What's your budget? What kind of 'look' would be acceptable, wood, metal?

Don't forget that if you upgrade the fronts you should upgrade the centre to something with the same tone or sounds panning left-centre-right will sound odd in movies.