Front Speakers for Vauxhall Corsa

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by jamezm, Aug 27, 2006.

1. jamezm

jamezm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I have an N-reg Vauxhall Corsa and have just upgraded the head unit to the Alpine 9850Ri which provides 4X50 RMS. Don't currently have any rear speakers and not too fussed about the back yet, so just looking at replacing the factory standard front speakers for now. These are in the door.

1. Does anybody know if there are any speakers avaikable for a straight swap of the factory standards?

2. If I have to use an adaptor, these seem to only be available to fit 5.25" speakers which are not really that common - does anyone have a recommendation for speakers of this size in this setup?

Any advantage in getting Alpine speakers to match the Alpine head unit? Budget is approx £30-60, and I do not yet intend to fit any other speakers or a sub or amp.

Thanks in advance

2. jamezm

jamezm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    bump

3. Skeet

Skeet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi mate...been a while since I have built any installs in cars..but.

Congratulations for not making the big rookie mistake of bunging a pair of 6x9's or 7x10's on the parcel shelf!!

What you might find, if you look around, is somehwere that will make "pods" to fit your doors, which will allow you to use better speakers.
    More expensive speakers usually have larger magnets on teh back, and more solid baskets, so wont always fit straight in teh doors.

What you should be looking for, is a decent set (Alpine are good) of speakers.
    Consisting of a Midbass driver around 5 or 6 inches and a tweeter...for each side...with a cross over.

It is also highly recommended to sort some kind of sound deadening in teh doors.

If you cant find pods to buy...you can build them from MDF, fairly easy.

If you do fit them in the door..try to add soem support to them with some MDF, to help stiffen teh door card up.

You want your best speakers in teh front...then later some rears too if you feel teh need.

http://thebassbin.co.uk/shop/product/products_id/543.html

These adaptors should fit your doors. It says 5.35 inch but 5 inch will fit.
    Also suggests some speakers thee as well, but they dont appear to be something I am familiar with.