Front speaker position and KEF system

MrWhite999

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all, bit of a newbie!
I am after some advice on positioning of the front speakers on my set up.

As it stands I am looking to either purchase the KEF T105 or T205 system (tbh looking for the best deal out there because I'm renovating my house as I go). Reason why I am set on these because I purchased the T101c about a year ago to replace my Sony centre speaker which died (I don't even know what my Sony system is its that old 😆 ) and just love the look and sound of the T-series.

Anyway... the wall which my TV will go on is 6m wide but the depth is only 3.2m away from the screen. Is it better putting the front pair closer to the screen or further out toward the side walls?

Quite happy to be shot down in flames for talking garbage but I am learning as I go, be gentle :)

Also anyone looking to sell KEF T-series speakers then feel free to shout up as I cant comment on any of the for sale threads yet!

Cheers

Welcome to the Forum.

It would be helpful if you could post a photograph of your TV in it's current position. The ideal position would be to have the left and right speakers about 2 metres apart as a minimum and not set too high on the wall, aim for just above a seated head height. The KEFs are a good speaker and have a good dispersion.

Thanks Gibbsy
My TV isn't mounted at the moment as I haven't started working in there yet I'm just planning at the moment.
The TV will sit centrally to the wall with the bottom approximately 1.2m off the floor. I can easily get them 2m apart from one another though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom