Front speaker heights?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by SilverPenguin7, Aug 4, 2004.

1. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Ok, I have just mounted my new Radius 180's on the wall but didn't think about the height I mounted them at, all I knew was I wanted them to be at roughly the same height as the plasma when that eventually goes on the wall. This means the tweeter of the speakers is higher than ear height, its probably only about 30cm or so higher so I reckon pointing the speakers down on their brackets will work ok. However would you guys suggest remounting the speakers lower as I don't mind doing this and filling in the old holes if its going to be that much of an improvemnt on the sound stage?

Both left and right fronts and surrounds are all at the same height currently as the room isn't huge and I didn't want them to be obvious!

Any commetns welcome :)

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I'd always run the rears higher, a one to two foot above ear height at seated.

The fronts should be ok where they are, do you have something you could stand them on temporarily at the other height options?

3. SilverPenguin7

SilverPenguin7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    No not really, although one of them is above teh sub and at ear height it would be in line with that so lowering them might not be a great idea thinking about it. I'm guessing just firing them down slightly from where they are now will be ook. I'll have another look at them when I go home and see.