1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Speaker Dilemma - Floor mounts too big!!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Zarch, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Zarch

Jan 23, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:

I am looking into getting an all in-one surround system but i am struggling for space.

My front room is sort of square with alcoves, with my 32" sony in one corner(in an alcove) I think i will get away with wall mounted rears, although floor standing are an option, but the walls give more mount point possibilities so i think thats the way i will go.

Its the fronts that concern me.
    Wall mounting is a no no, because at the right hand side of the TV i have a sliding door leading to the kitchen.
    So i think its going to have to be floor standing fronts. The problem here lies that i dont have much floor space because of the TV being in this alcove. Looking at the specs of various floorstanders, they may have too big a footprint to sit either side of the TV on the floor. A sony I read the specs on had 250mm bottoms.

Is there any way i could attach the speakers to the side of my TV instead of using the round bottom stands?

What about smaller stands? could i use wall mounted style smaller fronts on different stands? Anyone got any recommendations?

I think i'm going to have to measure out my exact limits size wise for the fronts. I really want to get into surround etc and i'm determined not to let my stupidly laid out room stop me!! :laugh:

Finally, do the all-in-one kits with wall mounted speakers come with all the necessary mounting brackets, or do you have to get your own?