Front speaker advice

Cyral

Novice Member
Hi all,

I'am setting up a 2.2 system. So I have dual sb 13 ultra in mind with a Marantz sr7011 ( or something like that ).

Now I'am looking for front speakers. What I have in mind now is the Kef r300 and was looking for other options. Also read about the svs ultra bookshelves, but they seem to be a class below the kef r300.

Are there other options? My budget is 1000-2000 and looking for stand mount speakers.
50/50 movie/music usage.

Thanks.

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
Bookshelf speakers? Or would you also consider Floorstanding?

What are the DIMENSIONS of the Room the speaker will be in? That will help us make a fair guess at the range of possible speakers.

If want good speakers, the Monitor Audio Silver 100 are well below your budget. This is the latest, just introduced, line in the Silver Series.

Monitor Audio Silver 100 Rosenut Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) - Monitor Audio - AudioVisual Online

8" bass drivers with response down to 40hz.

Should you consider moving to a 3.2 system, the Silver Center Speakers would be -

Silver C150 (coming soon)

Silver C350 (coming soon)

Monitor Audio Silver C150 = £375

Monitor Audio Silver C150 Walnut Centre Speaker - Monitor Audio - AudioVisual Online

Monitor Audio Silver C350 = £575

Monitor Audio Silver C350 Walnut Centre Speaker - Monitor Audio - AudioVisual Online

If we assume bookshelf speakers, and we assume speakers priced above £1000/pr -

Monitor Audio Gold 100 Walnut Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) - Monitor Audio

DALI Rubicon 2 Rosso Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) - DALI - AudioVisual Online

I think either of those would be very impressive.

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited:

Cyral

Novice Member
Bookshelf speakers? Or would you also consider Floorstanding?

What are the DIMENSIONS of the Room the speaker will be in? That will help us make a fair guess at the range of possible speakers.

If want good speakers, the Monitor Audio Silver 100 are well below your budget. This is the latest, just introduced, line in the Silver Series.

Monitor Audio Silver 100 Rosenut Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) - Monitor Audio - AudioVisual Online

8" bass drivers with response down to 40hz.

Should you consider moving to a 3.2 system, the Silver Center Speakers would be -

Silver C150 (coming soon)

Silver C350 (coming soon)

Monitor Audio Silver C150 = £375

Monitor Audio Silver C150 Walnut Centre Speaker - Monitor Audio - AudioVisual Online

Monitor Audio Silver C350 = £575

Monitor Audio Silver C350 Walnut Centre Speaker - Monitor Audio - AudioVisual Online

If we assume bookshelf speakers, and we assume speakers priced above £1000/pr -

Monitor Audio Gold 100 Walnut Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) - Monitor Audio

DALI Rubicon 2 Rosso Bookshelf Speakers (Pair) - DALI - AudioVisual Online

I think either of those would be very impressive.

Steve/bluewizard
Thank you for your reply. But I've already bought new front speakers, the kef R300, very happy with them. I seem to like the Kef ''sound''.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom