1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Left Speaker...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Dom36, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Dom36

Dom36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I am having trouble with my amp's front left speaker connection. I have a Marantz SR4300 and Eltax Jupiter speakers.
    It buzzes even when the volume is at 0.
    During the day it isn't noticable but as soon as the volume goes below -50dB it is noticable.
    I didn't get cover at Curry's and theres nothing they can do for me. It seems Marantz's warrenty only covers me if I bought it from an official dealer and Curry's is not one of them...?

Can anyone help me or give me a solution?
    Thanks...

2. Dom36

Dom36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    BTW - It is definatly the amp because I have tryed various speakers on the conection and various speaker cables...

3. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Sounds like BS to me. A year's warrenty is a year's warrenty unless it is a grey import from Europe or the Far East. Can Marantz confirm that is the case? I have never heard of a Marantz Centre, like the Sony Centre's, so can they confirm what exactly an official dealer is?

Sounds like the volume control is faulty, a local hifi/telly repair shop may be able to check the knob if you get nowhere with Marantz.

4. Dom36

Dom36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    This is what Marantzs' website says:

If you purchase your Marantz product from an authorised Marantz dealers (look for the Authorised dealer window sticker!) You will be guaranteed of obtaining your full THREE YEAR warranty for PREMIUM products (excl. Video products) and ONE or TWO YEAR warranty for RANGE as well as STYLE products, depending on the legislation per country.This will ensure:

An authorised repair agent services your product.
    Only genuine Marantz parts will be used in case of any malfunction.
    Marantz can directly oversee the warranty is upheld. (Should you buy from an unauthorised dealer, Marantz is legally not involved!).
    Marantz will guarantee the terms of your warranty are met without exception.
    As a valued customer you will receive the highest level of service at every stage.

Think is Marantz don't have a phone number or an e-mail address and I ain't writing to them because that takes ages - what kind of a company RELIES on the post to be contacted now a days...geez!

I don't know where to go from here.

I fancied ringing up Currys to tell them its a faulty amp but it's like 7 months since purchase and I don't think they will do much for me...

5. mrg

mrg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    try this found it on yell.com

Marantz UK Ltd
    Kingsbridge House,Padbury Oaks 575-583, Bath Rd Longford
    West Drayton Middlesex
    UB7 0EH

Tel: 01753 680868

6. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Currys are your point of contact.They have a duty under consumer law so get in touch with them asap.