1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front end software for my HTPC

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Matthoulb, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Matthoulb

Matthoulb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok i would like to link my HTPC upto a TV, and control it via a remote control. However obviously i can't just use the standard windows interface as i wouldn't be able to read it! So are there any other programs out there to help out?

The PC would need to be able to display the following things on the TV screen:
    - TV (well duh! hehe)
    - DVD
    - Photo's (that are in different folders...)
    - MP3s

What would be best here?
    Or am i asking an impossible question? :)

Thank-you for the help i know you'll give!

2. feet14

feet14
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Take a look at showshifter - www.showshifter.com
    I'm still evaluating it (you get 15 days) but it uses "spatial navigation" which means you can get around using arrow keys, ideal for a remote control setup. I'd recommend you partner it with DigiGuide which is an Electronic Program Guide, and DGShow, which gives you more options in DigiGuide.

If you want to browse the web on this box, download a copy of Opera 7 from www.opera.com as this also uses "spatial navigation" - the only browser to do so. Once you've used it you won't want to use IE or Netscape again!

DGShow is free, DigiGuide costs £6.99 for 1 years' subscription (30 day trial).
    www.digiguide.com
    http://dgshow.no-ip.com/