Front Door Camera & Screen

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by intrinsic777, Feb 2, 2009.

1. intrinsic777

intrinsic777
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to have a "designer looking" screen by my front door that shows who is outside my front door. I want it small enough so that I can set it into the wall. I am not looking to record anything, nor do I want sound. Just a picture projected from a discreet camera located outside my front door. Does anyone know of a possible solution? I looked at Opus and wondered if they did anything? :lease:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    You can integrate CCTV to the OPus 600 keypad Opus 600 (UK) but its not a cheap way of doing it (cool if you want Audio in the house tho) there are some panel intercom door access systems have a look at Videx and BPT BPT Entry Control - Video Entry Monitors (BPT are pricey)2 of the big names you can also do this with Netstreams Digilinx (UK) but costs even more I'm afraid there are some other options b ut they would require a more DIY approach

3. intrinsic777

intrinsic777
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info. I really like the OPUS idea and realise it's gonna be rather expensive. Although there is the arguement that I can evolve this system around my house when time allows! Would I be right in thinking though that I would have to purchase a media hub/server as well as the panel even though from the offset I just want to project an image onto the panel?

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    IF all you wanted was to see the camera image then i think you can get away without the hub you would need to speak to your local Opus dealer which may be Opus 600 (UK) ...