Front & centre speaker matching

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Tracey, Dec 12, 2000.

1. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used to have Eltax Symphony 8.2 front speakers with an Eltax Liberty centre, I have since changed my front speakers to Mission 781's they are so much clearer and much better for music. My problem is, I haven't changed the centre speaker yet, £350 is pretty expensive, so I haven't odered one YET. When I first got my Missions, I noticed that the sound was alot clearer when watching films, but just lately I have also noticed a slight echo when someone speaks, it's as if the sound is coming from two different sources, is this because my speakers aren't matched now? I was hoping I could get away with it for a while before I bought the Mission 78C.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tracey,

Are these echos appearing on Pro logic format (SKY/terrestrial TV) only or on DD/DTS playback, or both?

If its just pro logic - then the settings of the L/R Missions may need attention regarding volume as pro logic sometimes 'seeps' sound from the centre to the l/r. The Missions are sonically better and contain higher quality components than the centre. These then let you hear sound that you previously didn't hear on the old Eltax mains. I think the only thing you could do to remedy it until replacement is to turn up the volume of the centre to level it out.

DD/DTS shouldn't have this problem as each channel is separate (unless the soundmix on the DVD is intended to mix centre/left and right channels).

------------------
    Dan www.danwright.atfreeweb.com

[This message has been edited by monkfish (edited 12-12-2000).]