1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front Centre / Rear Surround (5.1) - help with height

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by bogie, Aug 8, 2005.

1. bogie

bogie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in the process of setting up my Acoustic Energy 3B's but not sure which heights would be best.

Should I put the centre above or below the TV screen?

Surround - should these be just above ear level or up at roof level pointing down?

Should I follow the speaker manual or the amp manual (Denon 2805) or do what I think for me?

Cheers

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +784
    Most of these things vary by personal taste and dynamics of each individual room/ speaker.

As a rule of thumb the tweeters of the front 3 speakers should ideally be at the same level. Given most screens prevent this from happening it is much of a muchness whether they go above or below a screen. Personally I have mine below the screen as I have a CRT and puting it on the shelf below the TV is much easier than trying to buy/fabricate something to allow it to stand on top of the screen.

Given your surround speakers are mono-pole I would tend to put them more at ear level than at the roof. If you have di/bi-pole then having them up high will assist in getting the sound to defuse before you hear it.

Best thing to do with both though is to try them for yourself and see which you prefer the sound of

3. bogie

bogie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Astaroth