From the makers of the 1upshow .... CO-OP

Has 1up finished??

Has 1up finished??

Yes podcasts, video all finished they were sold off to another company and all the important people sacked

1up website is still there very limited resources but no poscast or video shows anymore

a very sad day when 1up was sold .their podcast was the best for news and inside gossip.dont get me wrong i like the 'other' podcasts but we do need a professional podcast for gamers. 1up R.I.P

I think 1Up will do a podcast, it just won't be called 1Up Yours.

Garnett Lee is still there, I think.

I think 1Up will do a podcast, it just won't be called 1Up Yours.

Garnett Lee is still there, I think.

They sacked all their audio and video producers

i used to listen to 1up yours, seems a bit dumb the way ugo have handled all this.
i've given the new one a download but not listened yet.
another bunch from the same group of people have been doing a podcast called rebel fm which is worth a listen, they give a good account of what happened with the firings in the first couple of episodes

They sacked all their audio and video producers
Almost all.

The 1UP Show (video) was too expensive to produce and distribute. 1UP Yours (the audio podcast) was a different matter, but it so happens most of the crew was lost when eg EGM was shut down. UGO wasn't getting rid of 1UP Yours per se, rather there was nothing left once the 1UP Show and certain key individuals were gone.

Anyway, this sheds some light. Note there's still one more episode of 1UP Yours to come (with the entire crew inc Luke Smith, according to one of GL's twitter entries)! :clap:
Last night [17 Jan] we recorded 1UP Yours episode 164. The energy and emotion we felt when we sat down to get started left no doubt that it would be something special. Before getting it going, though, we talked about everything the show had been and the question everyone's been asking: will the name "Yours" continue. Reading all your responses of support to my last blog on the subject really meant a lot. And they served as the starting point for the discussion.

I brought out many of the points raised in those comments from whether people would just keep calling Yours regardless of the name to the comparison to shows like Saturday Night Live where every so often the cast complete changes and looks nothing like what came before. The deeper we got into the subject, though, the more evident it became that Yours is in a unique situation. We joke around about it being "my goddamn show" and true, I do host it, but the identity of the show flows from all of its members.

In the past we've individually replaced the fourth chair a number of times. Each time we did before you'd know it we'd be right back on track with the new lineup no matter how hard it had looked to fill the spot. I let you in on the secret: the show reflected the editorial group so well that it always pretty much fell into place on its own.

We're in a whole other place now and part of that is that we're completely redeveloping our content to match the people we have. That includes the weekly flagship podcast. I outlined some of what it will be like and as a lot of you noted it's much of what we originally setout to do with Yours. Combine that with keeping the name and I all but assure us of never ending tit-for-tat comparison to the "old" Yours. That wouldn't be good for us or for you.

With the new show I want to take everything we've learned in three years of doing this and launch a show that's even better. And yes, I know how high we set the bar, but I think we can do it. But it won't be Yours. That era has passed. It will be the window into today's 1UP, both the editorial team and you. Now I just need a name. Have been considering 1UP Ours as a reflection of both its roots and renewed direction. And yes, it will still be on the same feed.

That show will debut a week from Friday on January 30. This week it's 1UP Yours episode 164, the last 1UP Yours. I hope you enjoy it and the memories, and will be excited about the debut of the new show the following week.
Garnett's 1UP BlogEntry: The Last 1UP Yours

Last edited:
Anyone have a direct link to the ep 164 as i cant locate it anywhere.

Mark.

Anyone have a direct link to the ep 164 as i cant locate it anywhere.

Mark.

The 1UP Yours and the 1UP Show podcasts use to go up on Fridays or Saturdays so it's possible that it hasn't been posted on the net or in iTunes yet.

The 1UP Yours and the 1UP Show podcasts use to go up on Fridays or Saturdays so it's possible that it hasn't been posted on the net or in iTunes yet.

Yeah, but their hasn't been a new podcast on the 1up site since xmas, so when i saw this thread and mention of a new episode ( final ever ep 164 ) i wondered where you guys were getting it from coz a google leads to Garnets blog and no link to the last episode.

Mark.

Yeah, but their hasn't been a new podcast on the 1up site since xmas, so when i saw this thread and mention of a new episode ( final ever ep 164 ) i wondered where you guys were getting it from coz a google leads to Garnets blog and no link to the last episode.

Mark.

It's up on iTunes now. I'm downloading it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom