From Star Wars to Star Wars: The Story of Industrial Light and Magic

MonkeyDonkey

Standard Member
Just found this in the telly guide, thought it might interest some of you.

The history of the special effects company founded by director George Lucas during work on 1977 blockbuster Star Wars. Developing ground-breaking visual techniques and revamping existing methods, the company soon carved a niche in movie-making history, and remains the most renowned effects unit in the world. Presented by Samuel L Jackson, with contributions by award-winning film-makers Steven Spielberg and James Cameron

It's on ITV 4-5 today.

X

Xeonic

Cheers for this MD! I would have definitely missed this, wot with my heavy ITV1 viewing :blush: I thought the ILM doc on the Episode 1 DVD was the best part - no I lied being one of those rare people who though EP1 was a good film :)

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
Big factory with lots of staff. Very compartmentalised you work on one aspect of each shot and its very very 3d lead. They lost a lot of people to Weta not so long ago. They ain't the best payers around either.

PoochJD

Hi,

I noticed this as well, so have taped it, but the show aired between 3:30-4:30pm in my region - Granada!

Good job I have "DigiGuide" keeping an eye out for stuff I might find useful!

Pooch

It really sucked. Complete puff piece. I cant beleive what they had Sam Jackson doing.

G

graham.myers

I liked the scene where he had a double edged light sabre, and he says you need these when you want to abosolutly positivly have to kill everything in the room.

Originally posted by graham.myers
I liked the scene where he had a double edged light sabre, and he says you need these when you want to abosolutly positivly have to kill everything in the room.
pah, censorship :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom