Question From q90r to LG CX 77

Ali Raza

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hey guys thinking of upgrading my Samsung Q90R 75” to LG CX 77. I know oled hwould have better blacks but q90r is no slouch either just wanted to know if it’s worth upgrading? Will I see a big jump is picture quality? Mainly for movies and gaming. Tv is right next to a big window but in the evening I just use a dimly lit lamp.

anyone upgraded from q90r?

thanks

Hey guys thinking of upgrading my Samsung Q90R 75” to LG CX 77. I know oled hwould have better blacks but q90r is no slouch either just wanted to know if it’s worth upgrading? Will I see a big jump is picture quality? Mainly for movies and gaming. Tv is right next to a big window but in the evening I just use a dimly lit lamp.

anyone upgraded from q90r?

thanks
If direct sunlight from that window hits the TV screen then OLED is a no go.

Direct sunlight will damage the OLED over time, unless you want to get a TV cover.

Image quality wise yes its better, especially in game mode and OLED excels in dark/dim rooms.

£175 delivered any good Ali ?

If direct sunlight from that window hits the TV screen then OLED is a no go.

Direct sunlight will damage the OLED over time, unless you want to get a TV cover.

Image quality wise yes its better, especially in game mode and OLED excels in dark/dim rooms.
No direct sunlight but the room gets bright in summer in the day.

Just ditched my q900r for the cx & the difference is night & day. Don’t waste your money on Samsung. No dse, plays well with all my multimedia devices & Dolby vision is outstanding. Mine is in a very bright room too.

Just ditched my q900r for the cx & the difference is night & day. Don’t waste your money on Samsung. No dse, plays well with all my multimedia devices & Dolby vision is outstanding. Mine is in a very bright room too.

Thats great....I guess I'll go for it but have to sell my Q90R first...

Have you noticed any black crush on CX? also does it have ambient light sensor to brighten or darken the screen automatically?

It has ambient light sensor & the blacks look gorgeous. I can honestly say it‘s by far the best TV I’ve owned. Plays nicely with all my tech.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom