From Playing Superman, To Becoming A Superman.

Garrett

Reaction score
I’ve reading the news that Christopher Reeves is to play a part in the new Smallville. The role he plays will be a scientist or professor that will explain some of Clark Kent’s origins. The role was written with him in mind.
I will be glad to see him on screen again I think the last time I saw him in a acting role, he ironically was playing a role pretending to be paralysed from the waist down.

Originally posted by Sgt.Colon
Who the chuff is Clack Kent? :D
Clark Kent before Lex Luthor messes up my keyboard, or when goes on holiday in th the Netherlands. ;) :D

It was very sad what happened to the ''Man of Steel.'' I think the whole world would of been sad when he had that accident, especially the parts he played as Superman, then ended up in a wheelchair.

There was that computer generated advert if you remember of him on stage standing and talking. There was people in the audiance crying and weaping. I can't remember what it was for, Garret you'll know i bet:) I think it was something to do with being paralysed.:(

Good luck to him. Glad that he is back on screen.

I was never a big fan of Christopher Reeve, but I did like him in two things:

* Deathtrap
(which was a Sleuth-like movie, excellent stuff and in desperate need of a widescreen DVD release)

and

* Somewhere in Time
(caught this on TV one time and was hooked from the first minute to the end, not sure if it was "made for TV" or not but was a good movie)

I confess to only having seen a couple of episodes of Smallville because what I saw, I didn't like that much :blush:

Originally posted by Squirrel God
I was never a big fan of Christopher Reeve, but I did like him in two things:

* Deathtrap
(which was a Sleuth-like movie, excellent stuff and in desperate need of a widescreen DVD release)

and

* Somewhere in Time
(caught this on TV one time and was hooked from the first minute to the end, not sure if it was "made for TV" or not but was a good movie)

I confess to only having seen a couple of episodes of Smallville because what I saw, I didn't like that much :blush:
I thought Somewhere in Time was very poignant and in it was one of John Barry’s best scores he had wrote, and sits up there with other greats.

Try Christopher Reeve's, 'Above Suspicion', Squirrel.

Originally posted by Garrett
I will be glad to see him on screen again I think the last time I saw him in a acting role, he ironically was playing a role pretending to be paralysed from the wais down.

He starred as Jimmie Stewart's character in a remake of Rear Window that was written for him, Darryl Hannah was also in it.

Originally posted by James45
He starred as Jimmie Stewart's character in a remake of Rear Window that was written for him, Darryl Hannah was also in it.
I think this was on the TV pretty recently but unfortunately I missed it. Did you see it; if so was it any good?

yea channel 5 have it, unfortunately its not very good at all, I've never been a huge fan of CR. i hope he does manage to keep his promise of walking again tho.

Originally posted by James45
yea channel 5 have it, unfortunately its not very good at all, I've never been a huge fan of CR. i hope he does manage to keep his promise of walking again tho.
I think if it is within his powers he will do, and I think there has been some improvement in his condition. But I think for anything near a full recovery it will need a new step in medical technology/surgery. I too hope he does get better and send him my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Is that the one he did with Kim Cattrall?
That’s the one, and wasn’t she in the altogether?;)
This is one movie that I was glad that, well if you seem the movie I’ll just say how it ended.(not wanting to spoil the ending for those who have not seen it).

Oooohhh yes :D Thats back when I fancied her something chronic. How ironic wouldn't you say?

Didn’t she do the same in the film Masquerade? She was quite nice in that, and the year before in Mannequin, although not brilliant movie.

Did she? oh bugger I missed that one :D Didn't mind Manaquin at the time. Loved the song at the time too :blush:

Suppose when enough people dis a movie you get to thinking the same way yourself.

Wasn’t that song Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now, sung by Starship? If so absolutely great.

Called brain washing :D Never give in and just say NO :D

Thats the song. Turn it up and sing it loud :D

Called brain washing :D Never give in and just say NO :D
One of the best films ever made.:D

Thats the song. Turn it up and sing it loud :D

Got me going now I’m going to have to get it myself.:mad:

Will have to get the thread name changed to Superman to Starship if we don’t watch it.:blush:

Only liked the guy as Superman to be honest, but that's more than enough for me to hold him up as one of my childhood icons. And you have to admire him for how he's living his life now.

The guy doesn't need to play at being Superman anymore, I reckon he's a real life hero anyway.

Jeez, I feel like a Robin Williams movie!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom