From N70 to 6300 - a bit of advice

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Flashy, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Flashy

Flashy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,159
    My contract's up soon and I'm considering getting the Nokia 6300. I had a play around with a friend's handset yesterday and it seems a nice, solid phone.

I have a Nokia N70 at the moment and was wondering what people thought of the jump back to series 40 from a Symbian mobile. Will I notice much of a difference?

I only really use the phone for calls, texts and taking pictures. The only real other program I have installed on my N70 is a PDF tube map, which was really handy. Is there anything similar for the 6300? I had a java version on a much older handset.

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,151
    For calls and texts you'll find the 6300 a pleasure to use, it's one of the simplest (in a good way) handsets to use and is really fast - this will be a breath of fresh air after using a N70 which are meant to be quite slow.

You may have an issue with pictures though as the 2MP camera does not have autofocus and therefore pictures are best suited to the daytime and in full light.

3. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,855
    I've just done a similar(ish) jump, I've gone from a Series 60 N91 back to Samsung X820 ultra thin basic handset.

Just fancied a back to basics change, funnily enough the 6300 was a handset i was considering but a bargain X820 cropped up.

Hopefully I won't miss all the Series 60 extras and niceness :rolleyes:

4. Flashy

Flashy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,159
    I noticed the 6300 doesn't have a flash either. I don't think it will actually make any difference, the N70's light hardly does anything.

I think I'll probably go for it, I'm determined to stick to Nokia for the simple reason that I understand how the phones work. Of the phones on offer to me, the 6300 is the best as I see things. I don't really want an N73 because of its size and the fact it's dated. I'd quite like an N95, but that's a bit out of my price range. :)

5. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,151
    Don't get the N73, I have one and it is forever freezing on me and my phone calls. I'm about to send it back to the repair centre for the second time, but I'm not too hopeful of them fixing the problem...