From Dusk Till Dawn

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by MonkeyBoy, Aug 8, 2001.

1. MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,

Are 2 and 3 any good because 1 was very good.

From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money<br />From Dusk Till Dawn 3 - The Hangman's Daughter

Is it worth getting From Dusk Till Dawn - Special Edition (2 Discs) if I have the old one ?

2. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,841
    There are very good reasons why 2 + 3 went straight to video in both the US and UK. They aren't a patch on the first one, although they are entertaining. But if you expect films of comparable quality with the original you'll be disappointed. They're worth it if you can pick them up for something like £5 each but I wouldn't pay more

3. Beek1

Beek1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Personnally speaking I have a great fondness for Part 3. A surprisingly inventive and entertaining Horror/Western hybrid which is streets ahead of all the usual straight-to-video dross which ends up clogging the shelves at your local Blockbuster.

As for the From Dusk Till Dawn re-release, you simply have to get it. The film is now packaged with an audio commentary, outtakes, Hollywood Goes to Hell featurette, theatrical trailer, a pair of music videos, stills gallery, The Art of Making the Movie featurette, deleted scenes and alternate takes, behind-the-scenes montage and cast & crew info.

However, the best addition is the second DVD in pack which houses Full Tilt Boogie, a superb feature-length documentary which looks at every aspect of making the film and stands tall as one of the all time great Making-Of documentaries.

And all that, with an RRP of just £19.99, which of course means you'll be able to pick it iup for less on the 'net.

4. guyb

guyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    From Dusk Till Dawn - Special Edition (2 Discs) is definitely worth getting. It is awesome with many great extras plus 2 documentaries including a 60 min documentary that is great. You should definitely buy it if you like this film.

5. Ars longa, vita brevis

Ars longa, vita brevis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

6. projectionist2001

projectionist2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have only seen the second one of the sequels and I thought it was the worst sequel ever (bar maybe escape from L.A)<br />Why the hell would vampires need to rob a bank??<br />I thought the first film was great and have the special edition laserdisc (which contains all the same extras as the DVD) and it's true that the extras are very entertaining!!

7. Ars longa, vita brevis

Ars longa, vita brevis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

8. projectionist2001

projectionist2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ars, you read my mind! That has to be one of the funniest outtakes I've seen! (it really looks like it hurt too!)

9. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,841