From Denon 3801 to AVC-A1SR

Too Tall

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys and any Gals there maybe,

I'm seriously considering upgrading to THX. At present I have a Denon 3801 and am looking to get a A1SR. :D

Does anyone have one who can give me an opition as I can't find any reviews of it?

I've heard one but only for about 3 minutes as I didn't think I was going to be able to afford one at the time. It sounded really good but has anyone heard one properly? Will it be as bigger leap forward from my 3801 as I think it will be?

Does anyone know of anywhere in the Milton Keynes area I could get a demo?

I'm also looking to upgrade my speakers to Kef TDMs, it would be great to hear from anyone with TDMs and a 1SR.

Thanks in advance,
Too Tall.

You really need to listen to them yourself in a side by side comparison, preferably with your own speakers, to see if you think the upgrade is worth it. The A1SR will most probably give you a better controlled, more composed sound, but will have the same character (both are Denons).

You also might think of buying a separate 5-ch power amplifier to go wth your 3801. This will give you some flexibility in the future, for example to buy a separate pre-amp to go with the power amp and might be a better upgrade path.

Garmtz,

Thanks for the advise. I had thought of this but it would be quite some while before I could save up enough for a good pre-amp.

One of the big advantages of jumping to the A1SR now is the audio delay as I'm running an Electrohome PJ with a quadscan.

Cheers,
Too Tall.

Originally posted by Too Tall
Guys and any Gals there maybe,

I'm seriously considering upgrading to THX. At present I have a Denon 3801 and am looking to get a A1SR. :D

Thanks in advance,
Too Tall.

I recently obtained an A1SR and it is really excellent ... one of the best decisions I ever made.

if you have the money get one. The only downside is that you will embark on the upgrade trail if you do get the A1SR.

For further opinions visit http://pub106.ezboard.com/baussiedvdandhtforum
also visit
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/

Cool another MK member!!
I guess Sevenoaks in Bedford,would be the best bet for a demo.
When I was there last they had the A1SE on demo.
Gary

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom