1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

from big to small

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Rawschach, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Rawschach

Rawschach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +548
    my son recently broke my mission 774 speaker and left me with a £70 bill I could have done without. Can anyone recommend 2 front speakers to use in conjunction with a 77c1 centre and 2 77ds rears? I would like to get some small wall mounted mission speakers to replace the 774. Purely for movies. Anyone got any suggestions?? :lease:

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    You could go wih some smaller missions especialy if you have a sub, considering the rest of your setup is mission something like a 771 second hand or maybe the v60 or m30 range may do you well.

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/2018

http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/2080 (these are a lot bigger than you'd think though)

Your best of sticking with mission to have the 'company sound' (i.e. there speakers will all have a simialr property across the different frequencies), unless you want to change the centre too and for best results your best off with 77 series to keep everything matched as best as possible.

Also remember if you are going for stand mounts to get decent stands as it is ment to make a big difference (fill them with sand or soemthing). I'm not sure if there are acustic wall brackets to get the best from speakers when wall mounted, and try to get speakers that aren't back ported (i.e. have a hole at the back) if you wall mount them, otherwise the sound will suffer. For movies a sub is recomended as the smaller speakers usualy can't go as low as a large speaker never mind a sub.

I have one of these and can only say good things.
    http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/2022
    Although the sub doesn't have to be from the same manufacturer because it has such a small range of signal 0-100ish hz that the 'company sound' wont be heard heere.

3. Rawschach

Rawschach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +548
    :thumbsup: for the response.

I have a sub and therefore just want some standmounters which will tonally match my 77c1 and 77ds. Have been looking at the 780se or 781 (if i can get them)

anybody out there mixed mission speakers from different ranges? I appreciate it would be best to audition but not really possible. Also dont want to really get rid of my centre or rears.

4. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I have you considered repairing the 774 or is that what the £70 bill is about?

I'd definitely recommend the 771e's if you can find them as they're an excellent match to the 77C1 and also excellent in their own right. :)

5. Rawschach

Rawschach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +548
    i am having them repaired - my main concern is that my son will pull them over again. Therefore I intend to replace them with standmounters which i can move when necessary

6. sutt

sutt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone recomend small (like cube) wall mounted speakers, i like the Bose but started to hear bad things about them???

7. rockhopper

rockhopper
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sutt,

you cant hijack someones thread like this. Try creating your own thread or do a search here for satellite speakers.

Also, you need to narrow it down i.e. how much do you want to spend?

8. sutt

sutt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry mate

New to this

9. rockhopper

rockhopper
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no probs.

I didnt mean to sound like a ****, I just thought i'd let you know for next time.