Question From a Sony 55XE9305 to a Panasonic 65FZ802.

SimonHavfc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Close to going for the 65FZ802 and will be coming from a Sony 55XE9305.

My concern is over the HDR peak brightness on an OLED compared to my Sony.

Main usage will be UHD Blu Ray viewing and XBOX One X and PS4 Pro gaming.

Anyone made a similar move?

Any thoughts or comments etc?

Thanks.

Close to going for the 65FZ802 and will be coming from a Sony 55XE9305.

My concern is over the HDR peak brightness on an OLED compared to my Sony.

Main usage will be UHD Blu Ray viewing and XBOX One X and PS4 Pro gaming.

Anyone made a similar move?

Any thoughts or comments etc?

Thanks.
Seeing as you’d be using the to OneX and uhd Blu-rays, would it not make more sense to go for one with DV and DA support?

Either the 2018 LG or wait for the 2019 Panasonic range....

My C8, similar peak brightness to the 802, is more than bright enough.

SDR viewing my backlight is a 55%, HDR only at 75 for me

Price is a factor in my decision as I have a price match in with John Lewis so the 65FZ802 will cost me £1399.95

I am potentially thinking buy and keep for a year and pick up the 65GZ2000 at a discounted price then.

So I have ordered the Panasonic 65FZ802......have I done the right thing?

So I have ordered the Panasonic 65FZ802......have I done the right thing?
You know you have...where will you get such an oled for that price ?

2019 model are more complete indeed but still not there and missing important hdmi 2.1 features (except LG)

You will love the LG and the superb picture...great price too...

I will not buy any 2019 tv after this but sit tight for 2020/21 with potentially qantum oled, oled 2.0 and mini/micro led...
Like I said before, this will allow the hdmi 2.1 ecosystem to mature a bit more...alongside other stuff

You know you have...where will you get such an oled for that price ?

2019 model are more complete indeed but still not there and missing important hdmi 2.1 features (except LG)

You will love the LG and the superb picture...great price too...

I will not buy any 2019 tv after this but sit tight for 2020/21 with potentially qantum oled, oled 2.0 and mini/micro led...
Like I said before, this will allow the hdmi 2.1 ecosystem to mature a bit more...alongside other stuff

Thanks again for your thoughts.
I know what you are saying is correct and worse case scenario if I for some reason don’t like the Panasonic I can move it on.
The ideal scenario is I love the Panasonic, keep hold of it until the PS5 launches and then upgrade to 8K and HDMI 2.1 etc.

Good fun this TV decision making isn’t it!

Thanks again for your thoughts.
I know what you are saying is correct and worse case scenario if I for some reason don’t like the Panasonic I can move it on.
The ideal scenario is I love the Panasonic, keep hold of it until the PS5 launches and then upgrade to 8K and HDMI 2.1 etc.

Good fun this TV decision making isn’t it!
Exactement sir, reached same conclusion yesterday agree reading ps5 news...
2020/21 seems about right

You could even keep your xe93 as Sony will release a 65zg9 in sept...but super pricey probably...

Pana has the price on its side and it is super good...for now.

I am also looking at this pana in 55 (the only oled i will consider). sadly I can’t fit 65 in my place. 2019 crop is super expensive plus some models may be disappointing. Pana 2019 nice but this crazy price on pana 2018 is hard to ignore...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom