• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition

garts76

Prominent Member
What a pile of crap this is.
How is it possible to ruin frogger? It's ruined my memories of a classic game.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Bit difficult to tell from the demo as it only allowed capture the tile mode. I thought it seemed ok though, bit confusing with the graphics but would have liked to try the other modes.

Agree that 800 is probably a bit much for this one, will look up the reviews though and if it sounds fun I might take a chance on it(Frogger is one of those wife friendly games I can play with the missus).

_mike_

Established Member
2st impression is good .. loving the soundtrack the colors and the idea of multiplayer .. quite challenging with 4 players on the track .. i made it to stage 3 in multipayer demo .. so far so good .. when this becomes dotw, instant buy !!

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
2st impression is good .. loving the soundtrack the colors and the idea of multiplayer .. quite challenging with 4 players on the track .. i made it to stage 3 in multipayer demo .. so far so good .. when this becomes dotw, instant buy !!

Same here, if I don't buy it before(which will depend reviews) then I'll definately nab it at 400 points if it hits that price DOTW(highly likely I should think).

Some of the soundtrack tunes are pretty good, the frog tune made me smile(think it's the second track):D

Noggleboggleman

Prominent Member
Hmmm, some unexpected love for this game. I've not actually played the trial, I just assumed it would be awful.

Perhaps I need to give it a go?

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
I think after your own and garts76's comments it made the trial a pleasant surprise as my expectations were lowered, still I think it seems decent enough.

Can't find a full online review yet, but here's a quote from the official playstation magazine(taken from metacritic)......

Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
Jun 29, 2012
Still, each game mode provides different trials--some nostalgic, some new--and local multiplayer brings the added bonus of screwing over our friends. That alone could be worth the meager fee. [Aug 2012, p.87]

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
80% from Planet Xbox .... cant wait this to be dotw:lease:

Yeah me neither, with the announcement of Zuma Revenge releasing today it was enough to stall me throwing down 800 points on Frogger, but if it's drops to 400 I'll be hopping straight to the "unlock full game":)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom