Fringe - UK Thread

jenic

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Could only find a US pace thread and daren't look in there so sorry if there is a uk one.

Anyone else watching this?

I saw ep 2 and 3 on sky one and just catched up on ep 1 from another source and i think it's brilliant.

Characters seem good and it keeps me interested, not many shows go by as fast as this does to me!

Just watched ep1 tonight, have 2 or 3 more on the planner to catch up on when I get a chance.

All in all pretty decent first episode, watchable so far, I'll be sticking with it for a bit.

Still hanging in there with this, it's a bit of a grower I think, definately worth a punt.

I am following the US timetable and Fringe is a cracking show. It reminds me a bit of The X-Files. Well worth sticking with.

9/10

This is slowly growing on me, the last two episodes were very good.

Hi,

I agree. "Fringe" is like "Lost", in being a bit of a slow-burner. It's certainly getting better though, and I just hope that it comes to a definitive ending of some sort, rather than simply being dragged out forever, simply because it can be (e.g. "Lost", "Prison Break" etc, etc.).

Nice to see a show that isn't afraid to show some quite freaky horror-type effects as well. :) Some good scares have been had by me, in some of the more graphic sequences. :clap:

Pooch

Nice to see a show that isn't afraid to show some quite freaky horror-type effects as well. :) Some good scares have been had by me, in some of the more graphic sequences. :clap:

I was eating my dinner during "that" scene in the first episode on the plane :eek:

Sticking with it, but it's very, very silly.

Not a patch on the X Files.

it's good, a bit like x-files but not as deep.

The X-Files was deep?

Oh, and Fringe is pretty good so far. I like the gal who frowns very attractively. Reminds me of Kate Blanchet.

Regards

Mark

Sticking with it, but it's very, very silly.

Not a patch on the X Files.

Thats how I feel.

Hate the bloke from Dawson's Creek.

What a ****!

Probably stick with it for another fortnight, but will give up if I am still not enjoying it.

Prison Break, Heroes, Lost all turning to *****, nothing on tv :suicide:

Might have to get a hobby :rotfl:

Enjoyed this weeks, the one with the "bald man", the end was a great twist..

It's starting to pull the underlying story line into focus with each episode, I think it's a grower.

Anybody else notice our bald friend step out from the lift, just before it plunged to the car park?

Anybody else notice our bald friend step out from the lift, just before it plunged to the car park?
Yer on last weeks, how come you seem to be a week behind?

EDIT: Just noticed you posted before it was on

Hi,

I noticed that, but then it was explained later-on in the same episode why this may have happened. SPOILER:
It was to do with the electrical charge around him, that may have caused him to momentarily "float", hence he stepped out of the lift, before it actually hit the ground and killed everyone.
END OF SPOILER

So, technically, this wasn't an error. :)

Pooch

Hi,

I noticed that, but then it was explained later-on in the same episode why this may have happened. SPOILER:
It was to do with the electrical charge around him, that may have caused him to momentarily "float", hence he stepped out of the lift, before it actually hit the ground and killed everyone.
END OF SPOILER

So, technically, this wasn't an error. :)

Pooch

It wasn't an error at all and the bald guy stepped out at the lift at the TOP , prior to the lift plunging to the car park, not the bottom.

The issue was whether anybody noticed him, not that it was an error.

The electrical charge was clearly how the guy with the powers managed to step out ok.

I bought the season 1 and 2 of the series on a lot of glowing reports but I'm just up to In Which We Meet Mr. Jones the one with the parasite and I'm finding the series hallow there hardly seems any story and every week the father is an expert on what every problem occurs.
I'm not finding it a patch on X-Files, Supernatural or the first lot of The Burning Zone when it starred Geoffrey Dean Morgan and Tamlyn Tomita. and in a lot of episodes a lot goes unexplained.

Does it get better or are the rest of the episodes of the same standard that people think are so wonderful?

there hardly seems any story and every week the father is an expert on what every problem occurs.

Does it get better or are the rest of the episodes of the same standard that people think are so wonderful?

You find out why he knows it all as the show goes on. A lot more is explained in the comming seasons.

It does get better in seasons 3 a lot is explained and revealed but its hard to say without spoiling.

I think its a very good show worth staying with IMHO

I enjoy the show but as seems to be the trend these days it takes too long going nowhere and trying too hard to be clever

I dont think its helped that its always seems to have the threat of cancellation hanging over it so its arc seems to change depending on what news they have on that

Also the first season was pretty wasted as the show decided on its different direction / overall arc

Think the best thing that could happen now if for then to be told you have 24 / 36 episodes then thats it

Would focus the story more and allow for quality over quantity

I read somewhere Season 5 was going to be the last. I hope that's true as I don't have the time to watch endless episodes of TV shows so I hope it's ends soon and on a high. I enjoyed Season 2 far more than the first and am just about to start Season 3.

Garrett said:
I bought the season 1 and 2 of the series on a lot of glowing reports but I'm just up to In Which We Meet Mr. Jones the one with the parasite and I'm finding the series hallow there hardly seems any story and every week the father is an expert on what every problem occurs.
I'm not finding it a patch on X-Files, Supernatural or the first lot of The Burning Zone when it starred Geoffrey Dean Morgan and Tamlyn Tomita. and in a lot of episodes a lot goes unexplained.

That is pretty much about it.

The show goes through some serious dips until about season 4 where it picks up a bit.

One of those shows that I watch but am a bit meh towards.

Hi,

I never got to see more than the first few episodes of Season 1, back in 2008, so am thoroughly enjoying the late-night Sky 1 repeats, which are showing all of FRINGE right from the very first episode of Season 1. :) (They're airing around 1:50 or 2:00am, each weekday night, on Sky 1 only!)

We're currently around the 16th episode of Season 1.

Pooch

You find out why he knows it all as the show goes on. A lot more is explained in the comming seasons.

It does get better in seasons 3 a lot is explained and revealed but its hard to say without spoiling.

I think its a very good show worth staying with IMHO

Got to the end of disc 4 of season 1 last week and 1 into disc 5 and it started picking up and starts explaining part unfinished plots early on in the series and finished season 1 off last night although I cant tell who's right or wrong or even if one factions are doing bad things for the right reasons.

I suspected Spoiler
the new boss that was really a baddy got flames and when she said concentrate on something else to the fire-starter I thought yes choose him
:laugh:

I just watched the first episode of series 2 and did they make a mistake at the end SPOILER
Agent Francis is shown with the body of the nurse, then at the end shown disposing of the body of the real Agent Francis. Is there a body too many.
:confused:

I have the first 3 seasons on blu-ray and am currently upto date on Sky 1.

I love the show but it has gotten very confusing since the end of season 3.

Season 4 started off disappointing but I've started to really enjoy it again over the last few weeks. It has lost its original appeal but I'll stick with until the end and continue to get the box sets. Walter Bishop is one of my all time favourite characters.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom