friends series 1 to 10 £99 play.com

Months after choices had it at same price.

Play and bargains these days dont really go.

Del Boy Smiffy said:
Months after choices had it at same price.

Play and bargains these days dont really go.

It is still a a bargain and Play still do them. You just have to be around at the right time.

Eek... that is the most horrific name ever jezza .. .does my eyes in :(

I think he means Play generally dont have bargains (tho in reality they are still the same prices).. its just that other sites have now undercut them.

HMV previously did it for £100, and a 20% off code took it down to £80 at the time ;)

£100 is a good price for those that missed it before, but it will be £100 again at some point, or cheaper :)

smashed said:

I think he means Play generally dont have bargains (tho in reality they are still the same prices).. its just that other sites have now undercut them.
And undercut them in a big way, dont get me wrong i still use play a lot but not really for dvds and music which i used to do all the time.

oooo I'm tempted, must admit. I loved Friends, but am wondering if I would ever watch them all again. decisions decisions.

gonna pass - for now, but impulse is a dangerous thing :suicide:

Im very tempted too...although £100 is a bit too much for me

samat2001 said:
Im very tempted too...although £100 is a bit too much for me

It's worth it. I paid around £40 each for most of my seasons and this is 75% cheaper. I watch the entire series two or three times a year.

just noticed on play.com that they listed as fullscreen 4:3 :(

is this all the seasons, or maybe just the first few ?

thanks

All series are fullscreen. My TV just scales it onto Widescreen. You dont notice any difference, I dont even think about it.

featherhall said:
oooo I'm tempted, must admit. I loved Friends, but am wondering if I would ever watch them all again. decisions decisions.

gonna pass - for now, but impulse is a dangerous thing :suicide:
Good idea! Seeing as its on permanent syndication wherever you are, and on C4, T4, E4, E4+1, etc etc I really don't see the point.... unless it was much much much cheaper... and there are one or two dud seasons (the ones where Chandler's skinny ;))

Btw, since its from Play ..... wont there be customs and duty ??? :confused:

krish72 said:
Btw, since its from Play ..... wont there be customs and duty ??? :confused:

That is PlayUSA and custom and duty is the same thing.

nwgarratt said:
That is PlayUSA and custom and duty is the same thing.
isn't customs the same as VAT... i.e 17.5%, and duty aka import duty is the other tax at 3.5% ...... or vice versa :confused: :)

The customs charge is the import duty. What you add is the VAT and then the stupid high Post Office/courier charges.

Work out import duty at 3.5% of the items (for DVD's)
Add VAT at 17.5% (total of items plus shipping charge)
Add Admin PO charge (currently £4)

Both the Customs/Duty and the VAT go to Customs and Excise and the Admin charge goes to the Post Office (or other courier service).

The Admin charge can be even higher for someone like DHL. I saw a charge of £8 once.

smashed said:
Eek... that is the most horrific name ever jezza .. .does my eyes in :(...

:D Each to their own I say. I can think of some more horrific names. (smashed could sound horrific unless you're drunk ;))

:hiya: Anyway, welcome to the forum and keep posting them bargains. :smashin:

nwgarratt said:
....I watch the entire series two or three times a year.
... assuming 22mins/ep and 22eps/season
...the series lasts: 22eps x (22/60)hrs x 10 seasons = 80.6667 hrs = 80h:40m
= 3 days 8 hrs per entire viewing (non-stop)

that's scary :eek: :D

I do it with most of my TV series (Buffy, X Files, Angel etc). I start with the first episode and watch it until I finish the whole series. I do at least two episodes a night. In the case of Friends it was four episodes at least.

I am currently watching Dungeons and Dragons and afterwards it will be season 2 of Las Vegas.

nwgarratt said:
...In the case of Friends it was four episodes at least.
220eps / 4 per night = 55 nights
... possibly two or three times a year.

Not sure I could do it myself, currently getting through the complete X-files (as you know almost double the size of Friends)... can't remember when I started it

Ocassionally do a 'seasonathon weekend' - full season of any show

I watch them before I go to bed. In the case of the double sided friends discs. I also like to do both sides in one go. I have been known to take just a week to watch a season of something (20+ 45 minute episodes).

Definatly want to go for this now...is Play the cheapest place for it? I've looked around but it seems the cheapest....

samat2001 said:
Definatly want to go for this now...is Play the cheapest place for it? I've looked around but it seems the cheapest....

They are the cheapest. The next price up is £140. I remember this set being £150-£200 not long ago.

My 2 sets..
R2 & R2/R4 (GB & AUS)

ebay3004-vi.jpg

R2 (Germany - discs in English, boxset written in German, but looks a lot better than the UK box in my opinion)
friends001-vi.jpg

friends003-vi.jpg

friends004-vi.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom