Friends reunited

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by av2diefor, Aug 11, 2006.

1. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone tried it?

I did and was surprised to see my old mates sitting there.

Anyway, on the same page was a dating page also,well, I gave it a try and I can say without hesitation if anyone is single on here, go for it!

I had a couple of dates off it this week,I'm married but does no harm for the ego, (please dont flame me:D ).

Both younger girls and one was stunning and I mean stunning!Local too,very very tempted too...but Mrs AV would do a Mrs Bobbit..

Advice needed :lease:

ps , I'm off on my hols tomorrow with Mrs AV, she has noticed a change in me already,mid life chrisis? I'm 40:rolleyes:

2. GBDG1

GBDG1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,260
    Are you serious/mad? What are you doing, really.

How would you feel if your wife was out with other blokes for an "ego boost"

3. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply but how old are you?

All due respect mate but I really need an older perspective on this one.

i am great at giving advice but....

4. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    Don't do anything to your partner, directly or indirectly that you would not wish to be done to you.

If you want to play the field, fine. Just leave your wife first.

Relationships are complicated things. This is one area of life where you cannot have you cake and eat it. Well you can, it just has major consequences.

If you basicly want more sex in your life here's a radical idea. Try involving your wife! Pay attention to her, spoil her, listen to her. Kisses and hugs are greatly appreciated by the fairer sex. They can also lead to a lot more.

A woman in love, who feels appreciated will give it her all. Trust me on this one.

5. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I take on board what your saying and i do!

I recently went away with the lads to Spain, without trying to sound conceited i received a lot of attention from the fairer sex and I didn't stray.

So why do I have these feelings now?

6. Lee

Lee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,695
    I can just say this. One of my mates started going to pubs where he (38) met a younger woman (22). One thing led to another and now after just 6 weeks, he left his wife and 2 kids, she emptied the bank account, he moved in with the young un, she kicked him out and now he has nothing. Worst is he still loves his wife. I think he enjoyed the attention but took it too far. Unless your prepared for the potential consequencies it isn't worth it.

7. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I say younger,I mean 10 years,women!

I gave nothing away , at all...maybe M.Proops for me..:D ..Maybe the holiday will sort my head out...

8. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read your previous post mate a while ago and felt so sorry for you and wished you all the success in turning things around.

I feel guilty now posting what I have...but its a problem none the less..

9. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    Well 40 is perceived as a age barrier to cross. I'm 38 and I still feel 20. But to a lot of younger people I'm ancient. It makes you think.

I'm sure the psychologist and anthropologist would tell use it's about the ageing alpha male becoming concerned in loosing his status.

Men are programmed at a genetic level to impregnate as many females as possible. Howver civilisation teaches us the stability and sense of monogamy.

I have recently had major relationship problems with my wife. These were over money. We've spent some time apart. I've been lonely during this time, but to use that as a reason for some extramarital sex would be foolish, selfish, and very counter productive.

Relationships have to be worked at. Has it ever occurred to you that your wife may feel the same?

Consider tactfully discussing this matter with her. It may help. Just remeber to handle it correctly.

10. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No talky to Mrs Bobbit about any of this, seriously , its a non starter!

Guees I'll have to clear my mind and get on with things.

The last thing on my mind is upping sticks and moving on,my son is 10 and means more to me than life itself!

I really just need a punch in the face...

11. Setenza

Setenza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    Hey, we all check out the menu every now and then of a different restarant. Just don't book a table and order a meal ;)

12. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Yeah but not three meals in five days...:D

Anyway mate, my ramblings are pathetic compared to your problems and I wish you all the best on your reconciliation.

Back on track for me....:rolleyes:

13. Johan

Johan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    They are now but if you pursue those dates they might no longer be.
    As always it easier to see and also easy to say what to do from the sidelines, so maybe try to see it like it was your best friend that was in your situation. What would you advise him to do?
    I agree with you on not discussing it with your wife because she will have noted some subtle changes in your ways, I bet, women are good at this.
    Best way of discussing these things and get her views on it is when a friend is going thru something similar but not right now because she might smell a rat.

Greetings
    Johan

14. mattlad

mattlad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11

Buy a T.V.R.

15. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,445
    Just show this thread to your wife then and you'll get your wish... ;-)

16. Mrs AutomanUK

Mrs AutomanUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I would happily oblige in giving you a punch in the face. You name the place.

How dare you register with a dating agency when you know fine well that this would break your wifes heart if she knew what you had planned. You are being a cold hearted self centred git to even consider cheating on her. It's your crisis so deal with it. Sound to me like you have a little too much time to behave like a single man, going on holidays with your mates. How would you feel if she decided to send a week away with her girly mates and go out on the pull every night, and then come home and join a dating agency and go out with a couple of blokes behind your back? She might even consider shagging one of them, sure that is ok isn't it? She is just having a crisis.... What does that do for your self esteem?

Take your wife on a date.... send her a text message to get her best dress on and meet you somewhere.... even a hotel for a night, and pretend you have never met. Flirt with her, and suggest you get a room... you can go on your date and get a shag, and it's ok, because the lady is your wife.

What about holiday with your wife. Let your son son go and stay with his grandparents for a week and whisk your wife away for a week in the sun where you can treat her like a princess and have as much sex as you can fit in to each 24 hours. Let her feel like she is on a second honeymoon. Let her revisit the days when you and she had no cares in the world, when all you wanted was each other. She misses it too, that is for sure. She is the one you stood next to and said 'I DO'. She is the one who you must have been in love with at some stage, so rekindle that. You are looking for some escape from the daily routine, so take her with you and escape the routine. Buy her some sexy lingerie and make sure she knows that you still fancy her, want her, and will be there for her no matter what. You say you love your son, good for you.... don't smash up his family life by running the gauntlet with these other women. If I were your wife I would be heartbroken, and you would not see me or your son for dust.

Sure, you might be 40 ( I am not far off that myself) so wise up. You have so much to loose and only short term sex to gain. Is it really worth it?

(sorry if this offends, but I did have this done to me in my first marriage)

17. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    yep, what she said!

18. MikeTV

MikeTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +842
    For a while there, I assumed this was just another stalker hoax thread.

Punch yourself in the face.;)

19. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,445
    Little question that no one has asked... How is wife towards you? Maybe she feel's the same way. Love's you but is bored and fancies something different. Or maybe she doesn't love you anymore. Maybe she's fed up with you. Ask her and post here please. Its difficult to give advise (not that you need it, you clearly know the difference between right and wrong here!) without having both sides of the story...

20. Ultima

Ultima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,113

Mrs A, you certainly talk a lot of sense. I would never, ever, ever, do anything to hurt my wife.:nono:

Martin

21. Johnny Thunder

Johnny Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    Friends Reunited has been known to break a marriage here and there.

22. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,445
    Friends Reunited is just an information website. It's people who break up marriages.

23. la gran siete

la gran siete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,983
    If you must go looking for nookie on the side then seek a pro but only do it with your wifes consent, she may be amenable to it. Then again she may turn round and say she wants one as well, so there you go!In Amstredam its all the rage and is well accepted and far better than having affairs or seeking old school girlfriends:eek:

24. GBDG1

GBDG1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,260
    Hmm... I'm pretty much certain that isn't true.

25. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    I have a Dutch mate, who's wife booked him a prostitute for his birthday once! I don't think he did anything other than talk to the girl (and I forget the convoluted reasoning behind her doing this)......but in my limited experience the Dutch do have a different view on these things.

26. Mrs AutomanUK

Mrs AutomanUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101

I am hoping you are making the point that this guy does not live in Amsterdam and therefore does not qualify for the 'different point of view' way of thinking !

He has gone on his holiday now, so here's hoping he takes a good look at his family while he is away and realises that he has too much to loose by walking on the wild side. Who ever said that being married has to mean that your flirting, lustful exciting days are over? The lady craves this as much as he does probably. I hope he makes the right choice and tucks his tackle between his legs unless it's him and his Mrs alone. Here's hoping they have not gone to Amsterdam on their hols..... :rolleyes:

27. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    Well he does live in Amsterdam but I wasn't making any point, just found myself in the rare position of kind of agreeing with LGS about something :D

But I agree I do hope that Graham sees sense and tackles his mid life crisis in some less damaging way.

28. mrmc74

mrmc74
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    LGS Amsterdam comment- There are certain differences, 85 year old grannies having a laugh at what's on display in a adult shop window is one thing, but the Dutch certainly have similar views on infidelity as the Brits!

29. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Like 99% of blokes,why not act out all your fantasies in your head.Possibly while watching a fruity film or two.

30. Carl Stock

Carl Stock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Mrs A is absolutely right.

No, I have never had a relationship and yes, I am ‘only' 27 – read my profile. Some words for you:

Don't do it. Don't even think about doing it. It's a dead end.

Grow up, man, for goodness sake. Think with your brain.

Bit of a rant from me, I know, but this has got me rather annoyed. My apologies.

Without being self-righteous, I hope I can see the finer things in life – that is, nice things. But I'm not so naïve because I've never had a relationship either – I'm still ‘normal'.

Look at what you have, not what you think you want – it's not going to happen. Accept your life as it is – but improve things with your wife if things are not quite as good as they could be. Life changes, things change, we change – it's life. We can't stay 20 forever, but that does not mean we have to become either a load of bores or sex maniacs.

Hope you've seen sense by the time you return – you have a nice family. What more could you want?